Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone pointed me at this article on the Brexit business. It's rather good.

Someone pointed me at this article on the Brexit business. It's rather good.

God knows how it found its way into The New Statesman.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...english-revolt

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

The Revolting English would have been a better headline Shall read it later though

Yes, it's more or less as I've been explaining the thing to my eurotrash friends, neighbours and colleagues for many years; Europe is great, so long as you're not European.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

What gets me about some of the hard-core remoaners is the refusal to even consider that there could be anything wrong with the EU at all, or that there are any legitimate reasons for wanting to leave. Some people, including friends and colleagues, cannot even hear the word Brexit without launching into a hate-filled tirade against the vile, moronic, racist filth (as they consider 17.5 million of us) who voted leave. I often have to leave the room at this point to avoid a Situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    What gets me about some of the hard-core remoaners is the refusal to even consider that there could be anything wrong with the EU at all, or that there are any legitimate reasons for wanting to leave. Some people, including friends and colleagues, cannot even hear the word Brexit without launching into a hate-filled tirade against the vile, moronic, racist filth (as they consider 17.5 million of us) who voted leave. I often have to leave the room at this point to avoid a Situation.
    As has been pointed out, for a certain type of person, this and the last election have been rude awakenings as to just how out of touch with the country they are. What is more, they are realising that they haven't won the argument and that the liberal consensus they cosily insisted upon doesn't actually exist after all.
    They don't much like it and are quite nasty in their reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I agree, you are either racist or do0n't care about the economy... there isn't any other reason allowed to some
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

As has been pointed out, for a certain type of person, this and the last election have been rude awakenings as to just how out of touch with the country they are.
    I'm struggling to reconcile that statement with the fact that had the vote been restricted to people under 55 and/or people in the 18-30 bracket turned out in the same numbers as the over 55s the vote would have been a strong Remain.

When are you ever going to get round to actually pushing the leave button?

Strikes me as all a little half-hearted.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    When are you ever going to get round to actually pushing the leave button?

Strikes me as all a little half-hearted.
    The trouble is that the UK voted to leave but no one really knew/knows what exactly that meant/means. They are trying to work out what to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I'm struggling to reconcile that statement with the fact that had the vote been restricted to people under 55 and/or people in the 18-30 bracket turned out in the same numbers as the over 55s the vote would have been a strong Remain.
    Sort of like that time The Arsenal were Calendar Year Champions?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."