Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Perez :cloud9:

Perez :cloud9:

I love him already

Have we got ourselves a fox in a box there?

A midfielder who shoots from distance, a striker who has pace. WTF. Bring back my real Arsenal. This sort of behaviour won't be tolerated.

A relief to know that our second 11 is better than Nottingham Forest, and that we have two Spanish players that can take a penalty.

We've won away from home 0-4 with a second string against a team that has two European Cups in its trophy cabinet. That can't be bad.

Good to get through. This competition is very useful to get games into some of the squad players/youngsters. A little run in this cup would be great for Akpom, Jeff, Holding and co.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I love him already
    He could have had 4 or 5, but a goal, a pen and an assist is a good return.

He actually looked a lot better after he scored his pen. Before that, first half, I was worried. {Nicky B looked the better striker for the first 15 mins - glad we sung his name.} He was out of either flank more than in the middle - bit like he was on his debut. But after he scored the pen, he was much more central and on the shoulder of the last man. Yes, it's only a Div 2 team, but I'll take that for his 2nd start when playing with the 2nd string.

Other thoughts:

I was surprised that Chuba played out wide. But him and Jeff had the best understanding. You could tell they'd played together. They had more understanding than any others on our side.

They combined well for chances twice. {Bit like Feo and Iwobi did for that goal on Sat.} Would be happy with either on the bench for a Div 1 game as options out wide.

Glad Ox scored. Hopefully it will do for him what Perez's pen did for him. Cos up until then, I thought both Jeff and Chubes looked better options.

Yes, Serge and Joel have gone. But from Sat's team, we don't have Rambo starting yet. If we play Olly or Perez, then one of Feo or Iwobi won't start. And we've got Ox, Jeff and Chubes as other wide options. That's 4 or 5 spares on the flanks.

4 CHs + Per when he's back. Good keepers. Good cover at LB. Hopefully Matty Deb can sort it out.

And El-Neny, Xhaka and Rambo as well as Coqzorla.

Oh, and we'll have Welbz back one day. If we avoid an injury crisis, we could be ok-ish. As long as the top names perform. And we always have at least one striker banging them in.

It would be great if we could play Santi and Xhaka. Having someone who can hit them in from distance, even if deflected half the time, is such an asset. cf Chavs and Scousers for years.

All in all, very happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    We've won away from home 0-4 with a second string against a team that has two European Cups in its trophy cabinet. That can't be bad.
    Right. Those two European Cups nearly forty years ago had a huge impact on tonight's match.