Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isn't this supposedly "racist" meme posted by Trump Jnr the very opposite of racist

Isn't this supposedly "racist" meme posted by Trump Jnr the very opposite of racist

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...witter-reacted

given that it is clearly making the point that not all foreign people are bad, but some of them are?

I can understand it being considered in bad taste or simplistic, but racist? How is it racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

given that it is clearly making the point that not all foreign people are bad, but some of them are?

I can understand it being considered in bad taste or simplistic, but racist? How is it racist?
    It's racist because Trump says it. Same as saying a bomb was a bomb was racist and alarmist because it was him saying it.

This is the logic.

Yes, I thought just that. It's a somewhat inelegant analogy, but it doesn't seem an unreasonable view.

Simply an attempt to dis-credit anything he does now as the supreme powers behind the scenes in the USA are petrified of him actually winning, a scenario that was always laughed at in the beginning as nobody ever foresaw him getting this far.

I kind of like the idea of President Donald, not from any political viewpoint but simply because he is a bit mad.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Simply an attempt to dis-credit anything he does now as the supreme powers behind the scenes in the USA are petrified of him actually winning, a scenario that was always laughed at in the beginning as nobody ever foresaw him getting this far.

I kind of like the idea of President Donald, not from any political viewpoint but simply because he is a bit mad.
    Yes, I sort of feel the same way, but a tiny part of me is concerned that he is actually, literally, really, medically, mad. Like, insane, mental, bonkers, doollaly. Bat**** crazy. I know that his staff and the civil service will probably prevent him doing anything too whacky, but he'd definitely be unpredicatable. And he seems keen on Putin

I'm now at the stage where I would actually love it if he won because the array of smug 'liberal' cùnts arrayed against him is far more offensive to me than anything he could possibly do or say. The idea of their distress if he won is simply too delicious not to desire it.

Either way, the US is in trouble. If he wins, you have the whole of establishment America going into pant-wetting meltdown, but if he loses, you've got 100 million-odd pissed off, heavily-armed white folks who'll be convinced it's a fix.

Fun and games.

I suppose the bit they don't like is that by saying there is a few bad, don't let any in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, I sort of feel the same way, but a tiny part of me is concerned that he is actually, literally, really, medically, mad. Like, insane, mental, bonkers, doollaly. Bat**** crazy. I know that his staff and the civil service will probably prevent him doing anything too whacky, but he'd definitely be unpredicatable. And he seems keen on Putin
    My exposure to and experience of US politics* suggests to me that he may not really be able to do a lot as there are various houses and Congress etc. where bills must ultimately be passed before becoming law.

What may be funny is when he talks as there is very little the boys in the background can do when he lets loose on whatever has annoyed him that day, from Mexicans to the female species to Skittles. While one does not agree with what he says one can enjoy the madness which he creates.

A wall on the Mexican border which they will pay for themselves, good man.

*House of Cards

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I suppose the bit they don't like is that by saying there is a few bad, don't let any in.
    Hardly an unreasonable argument, is it, though? Assuming someone thinks 'none' isn't the right answer, just how many of your citizens' deaths should be considered an acceptable price to pay for accommodating refugees from a religious and ethnic background that demonstrably produces a disproportionate amount of international terrorism?

My exposure to and experience of US politics* suggests to me that he may not really be able to do a lot as there are various houses and Congress etc. where bills must ultimately be passed before becoming law.

What may be funny is when he talks as there is very little the boys in the background can do when he lets loose on whatever has annoyed him that day, from Mexicans to the female species to Skittles. While one does not agree with what he says one can enjoy the madness which he creates.

A wall on the Mexican border which they will pay for themselves, good man.

*House of Cards
    The US President has very little hard domestic power, but has pretty much a free hand when it comes to foreign policy. Barring signing treaties or declaring war, he doesn't need Congress's approval for any overseas adventures.