Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Married awimbers.

Yes. And a joint won for the household. For example both shovel a grand in the joint account every month and bills and food comes out of that.

Any personal expenditure comes out of the individual accounts. For holidays we agree a budget then put that into the joint account.

That said, I haven't a clue how much money is in the joint account. I put in every month and the bills appear to get paid...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Yes. And a joint won for the household. For example both shovel a grand in the joint account every month and bills and food comes out of that.

Any personal expenditure comes out of the individual accounts. For holidays we agree a budget then put that into the joint account.

That said, I haven't a clue how much money is in the joint account. I put in every month and the bills appear to get paid...
    I like how you roll IUFG, exact same scenario chez moi except I am in charge of the joint as my Mrs is ****ing useless with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Do you and your wife have seperate bank accounts?
    Yes, and a joint one for bills and food. I find it much better to keep our own seperate accounts, as it means if one of us wants to splurge on something, we can do so with no questions asked.

Oh, I'm in charge of the joint account also. I can't remember the last time I looked at it online. I assume it is healthy...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

No, a joint current account into which our salary goes and out of which all bills are paid. Too much of a pain in the arse to try to figure out who should pay for what was the rationale, as I recall. Also, I make 10 times what she does so expecting her to split the costs with me didn't really make any sense.

Separate credit cards, though.

Separate bank accounts. Used to have a joint one, apart from our separate ones but its outlived its purpose. But we consider all of our money and assets to be joint.

No. I'd have thought that rather defeats the object of having a wife? Or *being* a wife even.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Hell yes, we keep discussing setting up a separate one for bills but yet to bother

We do as she is a Septic so has to file tax returns and declare all her oversea accounts. Once she gets rid of that inconvenience, we will revert to joint accounts. It makes everything so much easier.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

No but really only because it was hassle to go to the bank to open one.

Mrs McG's salary goes into her own personal bank account. From that she transfers a wad of folding into my count to cover her board and lodgings. I pay all the bills