Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Right. That does it. The next person to promise "360-degree insight"

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You certainly are yesterday's man, N.

'Bandwidth' is so common and acceptable and sensible that I find myself wondering how much of the past decade you have spent in a cave.
    I would have thought you of all people would appreciate straight talking, blunt even if required.

Because a term may be commonplace in financial organisations in Canary Wharf does not render it acceptable. It is the verbal confirmation of a ****.

I expect you also touch base.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    How is 'time' rude? Also, a boss doesn't actually have to justify delegating work to you, since that is their job.
    It is a word that is far more loaded than "bandwidth" as it is used in a variety of contexts. "Bandwidth" strips the statement bare in a way that leaves absolutely no room for misinterpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    and 'reach out'

it is a sad world these days, sw . . .
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I would have thought you of all people would appreciate straight talking, blunt even if required.

Because a term may be commonplace in financial organisations in Canary Wharf does not render it acceptable. It is the verbal confirmation of a ****.

Yeah it does, and I'd be shocked if it wasn't constantly used in the large majority of businesses these days. Possibly prompted by the prevalence of broadband in people's homes.

You need to get out more, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yeah it does, and I'd be shocked if it wasn't constantly used in the large majority of businesses these days. Possibly prompted by the prevalence of broadband in people's homes.

You need to get out more, mate.
    Just because you love business bullshít and think it's "normal" doesn't actually make it ok.