Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plenty to look forward to for the keen amateur military historian.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Ah very good, it is right at the top of my list.

And the banh mi in Vietnam? It is only a question of how superb, I'm sure.
    I would very much recommend Saigon and, if you fancy a beach bit, Phu Quoc. The beaches of the north and central belt are a bit touristy. People love Hanoi but I found it a bit grim.

The banh mi are beyond description. I've never had less than wonderful experience of banh mi whilst in country.

One, I recall, assembled by an old lady pushing a cart who stank like a Vietnamese open sewer, was a thing of such beauty I was tempted to tear out my tongue so that it could never be subsequently sullied by mere mortal flavours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Anthropoid will soon be available on DVD, and next year we will have Dunkirk, hHhhhHHHHh, and Journey's End.

Terrific stuff.
    I'm off Journey's End for life, I'm afraid. Endless school productions of it involving boys with false moustaches and prominent Adam's Apples drinking cold tea masquerading as whisky killed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm off Journey's End for life, I'm afraid. Endless school productions of it involving boys with false moustaches and prominent Adam's Apples drinking cold tea masquerading as whisky killed it for me.
    Why have you seen endless productions of school plays, old chap?

One, I recall, assembled by an old lady pushing a cart who stank like a Vietnamese open sewer, was a thing of such beauty I was tempted to tear out my tongue so that it could never be subsequently sullied by mere mortal flavours.
    so you liked it then

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    so you liked it then
    Yes. Don't, for God's sake, ask what happened when Berni and I attempted to repliacte banh mi

Why have you seen endless productions of school plays, old chap?
    My place used to produce it pretty much every year. I was even in one of them.

Yes. Don't, for God's sake, ask what happened when Berni and I attempted to repliacte banh mi
    My filling was delicious. You failed badly when it came to the baguettes, though, I fear

My filling was delicious. You failed badly when it came to the baguettes, though, I fear
    I've forgotten the name of our sexy little instructress.

I last had one at a pretty non-descript place near Tottenham Court Road. Both the chap at the counter and the woman cooking looked Vietnamese.

I had the pork belly. It was quite stunning. I could only imagine what they're like in the Nam.

Here she is.