Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plenty to look forward to for the keen amateur military historian.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Plenty to look forward to for the keen amateur military historian.

Anthropoid will soon be available on DVD, and next year we will have Dunkirk, hHhhhHHHHh, and Journey's End.

Terrific stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Anthropoid will soon be available on DVD, and next year we will have Dunkirk, hHhhhHHHHh, and Journey's End.

Terrific stuff.
    Fück that.

It was the centenary of the first use of tanks 5 days back. Much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Fück that.

It was the centenary of the first use of tanks 5 days back. Much more fun.
    Oh it was, it was indeed.

I once spent a quite memorable afternoon at the tank museum at Bovingdon. A wonderful collection.

Journey's End? You mean the old RC Sheriff chestnut?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Journey's End? You mean the old RC Sheriff chestnut?
    Yes, that one.

I've seen the play a couple of times but never a film... there's not much action, I suppose.

Dunno. Wasn't there an old film of it with Gary Cooper?

Oh it was, it was indeed.

I once spent a quite memorable afternoon at the tank museum at Bovingdon. A wonderful collection.
    Oooh, a fellow WW1 junkie. How you have a Times log in? They've had an article every day from exactly 100 years ago. I can C&P you this week's two tank reports if you want.

Tops. Have that you baby-raping Hun. Fück site more important weapons that their Zepplins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Oooh, a fellow WW1 junkie. How you have a Times log in? They've had an article every day from exactly 100 years ago. I can C&P you this week's two tank reports if you want.

Tops. Have that you baby-raping Hun. Fück site more important weapons that their Zepplins.
    I've been reading them avidly thank you, g

I've been reading them avidly thank you, g
    This is where my left wing credentials break down a bit. I'm a card-carrying Lab party member but buy the Murdoch-owned Times not the Graun cos the former has daily WW1 reports and a bridge column.

Terrific stuff.
    I'm off Journey's End for life, I'm afraid. Endless school productions of it involving boys with false moustaches and prominent Adam's Apples drinking cold tea masquerading as whisky killed it for me.