Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: One benefit of acting like a **** on the internet from a young age is that you become

One benefit of acting like a **** on the internet from a young age is that you become

hardened to abuse.

It’s so funny seeing the incredulity of people on Twitter when you remain utterly unmoved by their attempts to get under your skin.

On the other hand, you have to feel for people who aren’t accustomed to the rough and tumble of the internet and whose first experience of interacting online is Twitter.

I may possibly have caused a stir on there this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    hardened to abuse.

It’s so funny seeing the incredulity of people on Twitter when you remain utterly unmoved by their attempts to get under your skin.

On the other hand, you have to feel for people who aren’t accustomed to the rough and tumble of the internet and whose first experience of interacting online is Twitter.

Have you got a different account to the PJ one, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Have you got a different account to the PJ one, then?
    Did I oversell it?

Did I oversell it?
    Ah no, I was reading it wrong.

I don't know who those people are, but you do seem to have ruffled some feathers, so wd you.

hardened to abuse.

The thing that strikes me about the Jo Cox thing is that she was strongly anti-Corbyn, which means that a significant number of the Labour people who po-facedly wrung their hands and wagged their fingers when she was killed by some loon calling her a traitor would now either be happily calling her a traitor and sending her death and rape threats themselves on social media were she still alive - or vociferously denying it was happening or saying she deserved it. A small, but amusing irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Ah no, I was reading it wrong.

I don't know who those people are, but you do seem to have ruffled some feathers, so wd you.

Yes. Someone doesn't take criticism well.

Did I oversell it?
    You liked the way you immediately countered with outright personal abuse. That's your AWIMB training showing right there alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You liked the way you immediately countered with outright personal abuse. That's your AWIMB training showing right there alright.
    I like the bit where he says stereotypes are a crutch for bad writers to paper over their mediocrity. This from a guy who writes for The Daily Mash!