Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: messed up a job interview

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Seek the truth and you will find God - Mahatma Gandhi
    Yes, but he was a heathen and his attitude to black people was more like BFR than Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by modd View Post
    Agree. I just feel most upset i let someone down who helped me get ready for interview. I not done enough interviews and anxiety got the better of me. I just don,t know maybe i am meant to be a waste of space. but i got to change that mentallity. Can,t feel sorry for myself.
    What helped me modd. I used to label certain things as a reason why.
    If I didn't want to go to the pub I'd say I had social anxiety. But then it becomes a handy excuse sometimes. It's never as bad as it seems.

I may not be confident in a lot of things in life but interviews for some reason were never a a problem for me. I always have the attitude here I am hire me if you like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Indeed. Besides, I don't think any recruitment process that involves group exercises is going to result in a worthwhile job. Sounds like hippy nonsense to me.
    Its a team job and they want to see your team skills . But i ****ed up with forgeting her name. so thats me ****ed but i carry on volunteering for this art centre to keep on good terms and just now have to put myself more out their.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Let's see, that's the sin of pride, there's boastfulness, aggression and a total lack of empathy, as well.

Quite how you dare to enter the Lord's house with that sort of attitude on your conscience, I couldn't say.
    I have never been aggressive towards you, quite the opposite in fact.

My conscience is clear. Is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    What helped me modd. I used to label certain things as a reason why.
    If I didn't want to go to the pub I'd say I had social anxiety. But then it becomes a handy excuse sometimes. It's never as bad as it seems.

I may not be confident in a lot of things in life but interviews for some reason were never a a problem for me. I always have the attitude here I am hire me if you like me.
    I wish i was at good at interviews as you are. think i need to practice doing more interviews. I am seeing someone about my anxiety and the fact is that i just need to put myself out their more.

Yes, but he was a heathen and his attitude to black people was more like BFR than Jesus Christ
    Possibly, but that doesn't in any way change the simplicity and the beauty of the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have never been aggressive towards you, quite the opposite in fact.

My conscience is clear. Is yours?
    Um, are you sure you're qualified for this, sw?

Alright then, if you say so.

Bless me father for I have sinned, it has been 35 years since my last confession, and these are my sins:

You've got plenty of time, I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by modd View Post
    Its a team job and they want to see your team skills . But i ****ed up with forgeting her name. so thats me ****ed but i carry on volunteering for this art centre to keep on good terms and just now have to put myself more out their.
    Say someones name 3 times then you'll remember.
    Word of caution don't do it they are called Beetlejuice.

I think we'd all be improved by a little religion, f. Proper religion, I mean.

Imagine if all those Norwegians coverted to catholicism. They'd be far less interested in the stabbing and the shooting and the exploding.

Take someone like our very own sw. If he accepted Lord Jesus Christ into his heart, he'd stop abusing and oppressing me.
    Although I've yet to hear of anyone blow themselves/others up in the name of atheism

Don't beat yourself up, modd. We all mess up, man. Tomorrow will come and with it new opportunities.

Anyway, if you don't get this job, there's a good reason. God has his purpose and his plan for you, fear not.
    Hi man thanks for your help and advice. I just feel sad that i let so many people down but their you go