Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had the opportunity to go into space, would you?

If you had the opportunity to go into space, would you?

Not for me, Clive. Uncomfortable, cramped, claustrophobic, squalid (you have to píss yourself, ffs!), recycled farty air, crap food and you're probably going to be stuck with Russians and septics. In short, fùck that for a game of soldiers.
    Last edited by Burney; 09-19-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not for me, Clive. Uncomfortable, cramped, claustrophobic, squalid (you have to pass yourself, ffs!), recycled farty air, crap food and you're probably going to be stuck with Russians and septics. In short, fùck that for a game of soldiers.
    I never been interesting in space. Never liked space movies. Apart from it being fun to float about I can only imagine it's immensely boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I never been interesting in space. Never liked space movies. Apart from it being fun to float about I can only imagine it's immensely boring.
    In it's current format, an emphatic no. If it were more like Star Trek, Star Wars, etc, then hell yes

Yeah, the floating about would be fun for about half an hour and then I'd start to hate it. You have to strap yourself into your bed, ffs.

Yeah, the floating about would be fun for about half an hour and then I'd start to hate it. You have to strap yourself into your bed, ffs.
    Plus it's crap when you come back. Your body gets all messed up. you lose the hard skin on your feet and something weird happens to your hips or your bones shrink something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    In it's current format, an emphatic no. If it were more like Star Trek, Star Wars, etc, then hell yes
    Yes, of course. Gravity, loads of room, hot chicks in short skirts, planets to discover, aliens to zap and that sort of thing would be grand. But I doubt it'll ever be like that. Everything's too far away to bother with.

Plus it's crap when you come back. Your body gets all messed up. you lose the hard skin on your feet and something weird happens to your hips or your bones shrink something like that.
    You lose the hard skin on your feet? I've been cultivating that shít for 43 years. I'm not risking it to piss about in space.

Not for me, Clive. Uncomfortable, cramped, claustrophobic, squalid (you have to píss yourself, ffs!), recycled farty air, crap food and you're probably going to be stuck with Russians and septics. In short, fùck that for a game of soldiers.
    I remember dismissing space as being no craic at all when they were trying to land some **** on Mars or something. Jorge was very annoyed.

Not for me, Clive. Uncomfortable, cramped, claustrophobic, squalid (you have to pass yourself, ffs!), recycled farty air, crap food and you're probably going to be stuck with Russians and septics. In short, fùck that for a game of soldiers.
    Fùck no. I'm not keen on any kind of travel, and space travel is quite clearly the most dangerous and uncomfortable of all. I'll be one of the last to leave when we abandon the planet following a dystopian environmental breakdown, and will live in a fùcking massive, empty, crumbling apartment block like J.S. Sebastian in Bladerunner.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I remember dismissing space as being no craic at all when they were trying to land some **** on Mars or something. Jorge was very annoyed.
    Yes, I did too. I made it clear that I felt it was pointless and a waste of time. He went all Brian Cox about it and called us all names.