Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd odds - I saw Liverpool as second favourites for the league with one bookie.

Odd odds - I saw Liverpool as second favourites for the league with one bookie.

6/1 as opposed to us and United at 12s. Fair enough they have had a tough start and down ok but surely the whole point is they tend to struggle against the "lesser" teams while being up for the big games as already demonstrated this season at Burnley

Also, well done Sunderland Jesus wept - what a mess. Imagine the inept **** of a manager who left the club in that state. I wonder where he ended up

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    6/1 as opposed to us and United at 12s. Fair enough they have had a tough start and down ok but surely the whole point is they tend to struggle against the "lesser" teams while being up for the big games as already demonstrated this season at Burnley

Also, well done Sunderland Jesus wept - what a mess. Imagine the inept **** of a manager who left the club in that state. I wonder where he ended up
    The inept **** of a mananger left them in the PL, which seemed unlikely when he took over... the inept **** of a board are still there however
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

They were spectacularly dreadful. How Spurs only managed to score one goal against them is astonishing.

No European football of any sort and a semi-decent squad / good manager.

Kind of Leicesterish.

As you say it's probably to do with the games they've had. They've played Arsenal,Spurs & Chelsea all away from home and picked up 7 points. They also beat Leicester at home convincingly. Probably enough to shorten their odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    The inept **** of a mananger left them in the PL, which seemed unlikely when he took over... the inept **** of a board are still there however
    30 games to get them for 19th to 17th - with a lot of money spent in January. Excuse me if I think that is an underwhelming return for a man considered good enough to be manager of England

I was mightily impressed with Liverpool on Friday night; the total really does seem greater than the sum of the parts. If they do sort themselves out against the 'weaker' teams, they'll challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I was mightily impressed with Liverpool on Friday night; the total really does seem greater than the sum of the parts. If they do sort themselves out against the 'weaker' teams, they'll challenge.
    There may be an element of denial in my resistance to them, sir c. I hate those ****ers

probably still reeling from last season's payout on Leicester so shortening up anything with a bit of life in them.

Mind you Liverpool fans are pretty fanatical about their club so they probably took some hefty bets after Friday night...back in Uni I used to record all of their European games on terrestrial television on vhs and sell them on eBay for £10.

That cup winners cup final they won 5-4 vs Alaves fetched me £22.

Solid money at the time.

Only thing I'd say is Chelsea a suitable yardstick for judging a sides Premier Leage chances?

They were pitiful last season and are probably worse off this season now they've got David Luiz there.

United are almost similar....pitiful last season....okay then spent £90m on Pogba buts it's the same awful defence from the last 3 seasons.

Arsenal are still the value bet with City worthy favourites....if you want to have some fun then Lester at 150/1 wouldn't be totally out of it now they've won back to back games and have their groove well and truly back.

I still fancy Everton will finish above Liverpool, they were excellent against Boro. Mind you Boro's entire tactics seemed to consist of lumping the ball to Negredo

This Idrissa Gueye chap, where the hell was he for Villa last season?