Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jesus, Roy Chubby Brown must have toned down his gigs if Gazza gets done for this and

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    No, honestly, I wouldn't. However ****ty I felt, I wouldn't feel it was a matter for the law. I think Gazza is a ****ing arsehole for saying it, but being an arsehole shouldn't be illegal.
    The implications seem pretty problematic to me. I've seen stand up by Pryor and Eddie Murphy that explicitly took the piss out of the supposed racial characteristics of white people and Chinese people. Would that be illegal?

In the UK?

Yes about the Chinese. 99% 'No' if you're white.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    No, honestly, I wouldn't. However ****ty I felt, I wouldn't feel it was a matter for the law. I think Gazza is a ****ing arsehole for saying it, but being an arsehole shouldn't be illegal.
    I agree 100% it was not a matter for the law but perhaps this security guard was so emotionally traumatised by his perceived humiliation that he needs a financial pay-out or compensation to help him move forward with his life.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    In the UK?

Yes about the Chinese. 99% 'No' if you're white.
    But if brought to court it would have to be deemed illegal and punished. The difference being, of course, that white people wouldn't take it to court in the first place.

I believe, through the case law I have seen, the white population of the UK don't have 'a race'
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I believe, through the case law I have seen, the white population of the UK don't have 'a race'
    But black people do? Be they East, West or Southern African? Bajan, Jamaican or American?

pretty much sums it up.

What if they are Irish?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    What if they are Irish?
    Presumably that is what Sir C will be treacherously putting on his next Census form.

You won't be surprised to learn that I eschewed the option and went for 'White (British)'.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    What if they are Irish?

Or Jewish, for that matter. I've known some pretty damn white Jews. They're not all as touched by the tarbrush as Monty.