Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I an surprised MOTD didn't mention Cazorla.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Cazorla's penalties will be sussed out now.
    when we played southampton I was following it on sky sports news. I said Cazorla will take it right down the middle'

Didn't have to see it.
    Depends what he does with his eyes, f.

I thought he was a very poor ref all round. The Hull penalty decision was bizarrely delayed. I thought their sending off was also harsh considering the goalkeeper was right behind him.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I thought he was a very poor ref all round. The Hull penalty decision was bizarrely delayed. I thought their sending off was also harsh considering the goalkeeper was right behind him.
    We are getting quite a lot of pens lately.

That of course was the MOTD's view but the guy intended to stop the goal. If he'd thought the keeper was going to save it then why on earth would he have stopped it? The fact the keeper "might" have saved it does not take away the intent.

Maybe someone can quote the exact law but I thought it had to definitely stop the ball going in the net to be a red, rather than just any deliberate handball in the box, and it was going straight at the goalie. If it was the rule for him to go the laws are harsh imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Depends what he does with his eyes, f.
    Are you channeling Big Fat Ron again?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Are you channeling Big Fat Ron again?
    Always, b. Just... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Maybe someone can quote the exact law but I thought it had to definitely stop the ball going in the net to be a red, rather than just any deliberate handball in the box, and it was going straight at the goalie. If it was the rule for him to go the laws are harsh imo.
    Denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity

Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring
    opportunity by a deliberate handball offence the player is sent off wherever the
    offence occurs.

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own
    penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity
    and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned unless:
    • The offence is holding, pulling or pushing or
    • The offending player does not attempt to play the ball or there is no
    possibility for the player making the challenge to play the ball or
    • The offence is one which is punishable by a red card wherever it occurs on
    the field of play (e.g. serious foul play, violent conduct etc.)

In all the above circumstances the player is sent off.

The following must be considered:
    • distance between the offence and the goal
    • general direction of the play
    • likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball
    • location and number of defenders

Also the bloody player was still on the pitch when the ref blew the whistle to take the pen.

should have been retaken.

Agreed, but he was hardly interfering with play...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”