Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd odds - I saw Liverpool as second favourites for the league with one bookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    probably still reeling from last season's payout on Leicester so shortening up anything with a bit of life in them.

Mind you Liverpool fans are pretty fanatical about their club so they probably took some hefty bets after Friday night...back in Uni I used to record all of their European games on terrestrial television on vhs and sell them on eBay for £10.

That cup winners cup final they won 5-4 vs Alaves fetched me £22.

Solid money at the time.

Only thing I'd say is Chelsea a suitable yardstick for judging a sides Premier Leage chances?

They were pitiful last season and are probably worse off this season now they've got David Luiz there.

United are almost similar....pitiful last season....okay then spent £90m on Pogba buts it's the same awful defence from the last 3 seasons.

Arsenal are still the value bet with City worthy favourites....if you want to have some fun then Lester at 150/1 wouldn't be totally out of it now they've won back to back games and have their groove well and truly back.
    Nice to get the expert's view, t. We seem to have been completely counted out of even possibly being remotely in the running. Which is kind of how I like it. City normally start like a rocket, so I don't think they are uncatchable but clearly massive favourites.

Spurs already running out of steam - Dembele and Dier both having to go off with cramp ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Nice to get the expert's view, t. We seem to have been completely counted out of even possibly being remotely in the running. Which is kind of how I like it. City normally start like a rocket, so I don't think they are uncatchable but clearly massive favourites.

Spurs already running out of steam - Dembele and Dier both having to go off with cramp ffs

Plus Kane could be out for a while

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I still fancy Everton will finish above Liverpool, they were excellent against Boro. Mind you Boro's entire tactics seemed to consist of lumping the ball to Negredo

This Idrissa Gueye chap, where the hell was he for Villa last season?
    First time I have seen Everton this season and very impressed. Bit slow at the back, mind Expected a bit more from Boro, but as you say, very poor. Hope they start given Callum a game soon. Could even slip into centre mid there. Might struggle to replace Ben "Nephew of Steve" Gibson at the back

Plus Kane could be out for a while
    Would put money on him being fine - the ****

Would put money on him being fine - the ****
    His ankle didn't look too good when it folded in. Still, Poch's magic potions will have him up and about in no time. :drneg:

First time I have seen Everton this season and very impressed. Bit slow at the back, mind Expected a bit more from Boro, but as you say, very poor. Hope they start given Callum a game soon. Could even slip into centre mid there. Might struggle to replace Ben "Nephew of Steve" Gibson at the back
    Seen them twice this week and on both occasions the stand out player was Gueye

Seen them twice this week and on both occasions the stand out player was Gueye
    So I believe. Heard he was excellent against Sunderland as well. Quite a decent bench there as well

Seeing the Spurs players clutching their hamstrings made me laugh....Ponchentino is brutal....I saw he had two training pitches resized to Wembley loooool....brutal....enjoy lads!

No way that team is lasting as long as did last season....look at Kane at the Euros...completely lifeless. Ponchentino is treating them like SaS trainees...brutal day in and day out.