Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jesus, Roy Chubby Brown must have toned down his gigs if Gazza gets done for this and

Jesus, Roy Chubby Brown must have toned down his gigs if Gazza gets done for this and

old Royston gets away scott free.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37406549

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

First they came for Big Fat Ron and you all applauded, desperate to display your right on credentials.

Look where you've got us, you fúcking cretins.

The issue here is probably not the comment or joke by Gascoigne, whatever about the rights and wrongs of so-called racist jokes.

It’s the security guard who took offence and reported him.

One assumes the same guard would (if working at a Chubby Brown gig) be equally as offended and made numerous calls though I thought he was more known for sexism as opposed to racism.

Not knowing the full context of the comment it is difficult to say if perhaps the guard needs to cop himself on or if Gascoigne is in the wrong.

he's probably taking his employers to task as well, citing

Burton and Rhule v De Vere Hotels EAT

The EAT held that an employer “subjected” its employees to unlawful race discrimination when it allowed comedian Bernard Manning and guests at an event to abuse and harass them racially, in circumstances in which it had sufficient control over the discriminatory event so as to have been able to prevent or reduce the extent of it by applying good employment practice.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The issue here is probably not the comment or joke by Gascoigne, whatever about the rights and wrongs of so-called racist jokes.

It’s the security guard who took offence and reported him.

One assumes the same guard would (if working at a Chubby Brown gig) be equally as offended and made numerous calls though I thought he was more known for sexism as opposed to racism.

Not knowing the full context of the comment it is difficult to say if perhaps the guard needs to cop himself on or if Gascoigne is in the wrong.
    I think it was something about not being able to see him because the lights were off.

I can understand him not being over the moon about it, but personally I can't imagine a scenario in which I would report someone for making a joke about my physical appearance, even if related to my race.

I think it was something about not being able to see him because the lights were off.

I can understand him not being over the moon about it, but personally I can't imagine a scenario in which I would report someone for making a joke about my physical appearance, even if related to my race.
    You may if you felt humiliated in front of a few hundred people.

That's because you aren't encouraged to regard anything to do with your race as being sacrosanct and legally exempt from any sort of mockery.

Yes, well his hurt feelings should definitely be a matter for the law

Fùckssake!

In fact, I remember hearing just such a joke being made about Ruel Fox on Grandstand by one of his team mates back in the 90s. Something to do with 'Lucky he's always smiling, cos...etc, etc'. No-one even blinked.

No, honestly, I wouldn't. However ****ty I felt, I wouldn't feel it was a matter for the law. I think Gazza is a ****ing arsehole for saying it, but being an arsehole shouldn't be illegal.