Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three defeats on the trot for Mourinho

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I briefly considered the possibility that Mourinho might drag the Munichs into a bottom half of the table position as he did with Chelsea and that he is then fired before the season is out. It was quite the most delicious thought and it filled me with joy.

But there's no way the football gods would allow it, sadly
    I would love it. Just love it for that to happen. It won't though, sadly, as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I would love it. Just love it for that to happen. It won't though, sadly, as you say.
    The thing is that, as he showed last season, Mourinho can't do crisis management, since his gigantic ego and pathological narcissism mean he is only capable of making things worse. A few more lost games and some concerted media pressure could make things interesting.

I'm not saying it's likely, but he showed real weakness with Chelsea last season and he's let the press get a taste of his blood, so the possibility of meltdown is always there.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The thing is that, as he showed last season, Mourinho can't do crisis management, since his gigantic ego and pathological narcissism mean he is only capable of making things worse. A few more lost games and some concerted media pressure could make things interesting.

I'm not saying it's likely, but he showed real weakness with Chelsea last season and he's let the press get a taste of his blood, so the possibility of meltdown is always there.
    Just about to write the same thing. At the moment, he seems to be just doing his all refs against us, conspiracy ****, but there are already signs he is turning on the one group that he needs to help him out of the mess - the players. Criticism of Luke Shaw was harsh yesterday, in particular, and being so childish as to refer to him repeatedly as the left back, rather than by name

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Criticism of Luke Shaw was harsh yesterday, in particular, and being so childish as to refer to him repeatedly as the left back, rather than by name
    Luke Shaw turned him down when leaving Southampton.

I did see a rather alarming piece a few weeks back alluding to LS having to speak to him and mend that bridge, as such.

*no bridge was involved

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

As I said to a Man Utd supporter this morning 'I would be less worried about the form of the team than I would be about the mental state of the manager'

He is doing precisely what he did to Chelsea in Sep/Oct of last season. Still, best not think about the possibilities and get too carried away. It would absolutely be too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Just about to write the same thing. At the moment, he seems to be just doing his all refs against us, conspiracy ****, but there are already signs he is turning on the one group that he needs to help him out of the mess - the players. Criticism of Luke Shaw was harsh yesterday, in particular, and being so childish as to refer to him repeatedly as the left back, rather than by name
    He has ****ed the players off after each of the last three games with snide little digs. Despicable **** #specialonce

He will obviously play a weakened team against Northampton even though a defeat there would be cataclysmic and push him closer to the exit.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Luke Shaw turned him down when leaving Southampton.

I did see a rather alarming piece a few weeks back alluding to LS having to speak to him and mend that bridge, as such.

*no bridge was involved
    Not even Wayne?

Hadn't heard that - quite amusing if true