Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many penalties has Alexis missed? I reckon that's his third. Has he ever scored

How many penalties has Alexis missed? I reckon that's his third. Has he ever scored

Him and Ozzy are both sh1t at pens. Should just lave it to Santi.

But what do people think of our current front 3? Better than one with Olly central, Alexis left and one of Rambo, Feo or Iwobi right?

Yes. He scored one as a schoolboy I think.

Personally I'd like someone who actually blasts the bal to take them.

Might as well keep going with Sanchez upfront for a bit.

It'll be a bit clunky at times, but he's going to score more than any of the others. Giroud has had four years. He's never going to get 25-30 league goals. The penalty situation is silly though. It's Santi's job all day long.

Scored in the copa America final shootout two years on the run. Don't know why Santi didn't just take it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    It'll be a bit clunky at times, but he's going to score more than any of the others. Giroud has had four years. He's never going to get 25-30 league goals. The penalty situation is silly though. It's Santi's job all day long.
    It's not just about scoring goals. If you move Alexis to centre-forward you miss his tracking back on the right and his cutting in from the left. He will score as many goals on the left as he will in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    It's not just about scoring goals. If you move Alexis to centre-forward you miss his tracking back on the right and his cutting in from the left. He will score as many goals on the left as he will in the middle
    I'm happy to keep this Alexis experiment going for a while longer. At least I don't know for certain it won't work. Anything has to be better than giving Giroud another season.

That's my fear. The Per and Gabby injuries meant we had to spend £40m on a CH. Had Kos been fit from the start and/or Gabby not injured, I'd have been happy with Holding as 4th choice and Chambers as 5th.

But moving Alexis central means we either needed a decent striker or goal scoring/creating winger. Instead of Perez and Mustafi, I'd rather have spent the £60m on one of those. Pay for Mkhitaryan or Mahrez or that Abumyang chap (however he's spelled.)

That would have improved the starting XI. Instead, he's bought 2 MFs since Jan (El-neny and Granit) who seem to both be behind Coq in the pecking order. So we've spent close to £100m and all we seem to have done is given ourselves some extra cover at CH.

And given Holding cost just £2 mil, Callum seems to have been a pricey signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    That's my fear. The Per and Gabby injuries meant we had to spend £40m on a CH. Had Kos been fit from the start and/or Gabby not injured, I'd have been happy with Holding as 4th choice and Chambers as 5th.

But moving Alexis central means we either needed a decent striker or goal scoring/creating winger. Instead of Perez and Mustafi, I'd rather have spent the £60m on one of those. Pay for Mkhitaryan or Mahrez or that Abumyang chap (however he's spelled.)

That would have improved the starting XI. Instead, he's bought 2 MFs since Jan (El-neny and Granit) who seem to both be behind Coq in the pecking order. So we've spent close to £100m and all we seem to have done is given ourselves some extra cover at CH.

And given Holding cost just £2 mil, Callum seems to have been a pricey signing.
    The only striker you've got there is Aubemwotsit, the others are midfielders. He didn't want to come. The others in that league would have been Higuain, Benzema, Cavani (ahem!) and little else. And there isn't really a suggestion any of them were that keen on us.

I think that's why he went for Vardy.

If he wasn't such a despicable human being a cheeky bid for Costa might have succeeded.

The only striker you've got there is Aubemwotsit, the others are midfielders. He didn't want to come. The others in that league would have been Higuain, Benzema, Cavani (ahem!) and little else. And there isn't really a suggestion any of them were that keen on us.

I think that's why he went for Vardy.

If he wasn't such a despicable human being a cheeky bid for Costa might have succeeded.
    Is there really no 15-20 goal a season winger we could have got for £50m?

Yes. Alexis Sanchez and Theo Walcott!