Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's going to be like this for the next 7 months, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    the 2nd was just some strange thinking.

One more question. could you have 2 sub keepers on the bench? Say Ospina as usual (non Champions league game obviously)
    and let's say Welbeck. Just in case Cech get's injured early on.

I am sure if someone tried it they'd put a stop to it.

I would say Arsenal led to some rules being clarified during the invincible area. Well particularly Henry. Where he used to nick the ball off the keeper mid motion. only for the rules to be clarified (they may have already been like this)

2nd the quick freekicks lead to that wait for the whistle thing.
    You can have who you want on the bench, obviously if the third keeper was to come on outfield he would need outfield kit.

The nicking the ball off the keeper was always against the rules because generally only an incredible talent like Henry could pull it off without hitting the keeper - dangerous situation

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This is a civilised climate. Rarely too hot, rarely too cold. Proof, some might suggest, that god is an Englishman.

Winter is cosy. Winter is fresh. The city looks great at night - all the tiny lights - the antipodes as you'll recall from your Huxley.
    You're ignoring the main issue, Ash. It isn't the temperature or the amount of rain in this godforsaken country. It's the lack of sunshine that is the killer.

The sun is good, Ash. It prompts physiological changes which make you feel better, happier. Everything is better under sunny blue skies and England has far too few of them.

Which is why we have pubs, of course. Well, that's my theory anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You're ignoring the main issue, Ash. It isn't the temperature or the amount of rain in this godforsaken country. It's the lack of sunshine that is the killer.

The sun is good, Ash. It prompts physiological changes which make you feel better, happier. Everything is better under sunny blue skies and England has far too few of them.

Which is why we have pubs, of course. Well, that's my theory anyway.
    Some of our best sunny days are in January. Cool, crisp and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This is a civilised climate. Rarely too hot, rarely too cold. Proof, some might suggest, that god is an Englishman.
    an Englishman who emigrated to New Zealand perhaps

It is a proven fact that hot weather kills more people than does cold weather.

I fear you're right. I don't think I can take another 7 months of Coquelin starting over Xhaka and Alexis up front.