Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chops

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think you're baldest, mate.

He is shouty and opinionated. He's always fulminating in a tiresome way (usually in the middle of the street) about how foreigners do things better and how we at home are all wrong. Meanwhile the foreigners gaze at him witheringly with a look that says 'Who is this bald, shouty cùnt and when will he fúck off?'
    He's done loads of shows extolling the value of British produce/cooking and not just in the southwest, all over England. And it's rather hard to do the job he does without offering an opinion, it's what he's paid to do.

This is your misanthropic side showing through, Berni.

Who on earth is drowning these poor sheep on a yearly basis? Shouldn't something be done?

Also, I'm not going to rise to your 'Period.' bait.
    It was worth a try...

Not happening anymore but happened for years. They didn't have an abattoir acceptable to EU standards. I pointed out to them there was a big wide world out there beyond the EU which could buy the stuff and even arranged for an abattoir ship to go out there. They weren't interested. Too much money from fishing licences.

I think you're baldest, mate.

He is shouty and opinionated. He's always fulminating in a tiresome way (usually in the middle of the street) about how foreigners do things better and how we at home are all wrong. Meanwhile the foreigners gaze at him witheringly with a look that says 'Who is this bald, shouty cùnt and when will he fúck off?'
    There's also a lot of dogs in Padstow - more than I think I have seen in one place, at one time. Also damed hard to find the Southampton Arsenal score - and then we lost. I don't think I like Padstow

Quote Originally Posted by Dorset Gooner View Post
    I had mutton chops last night & they were far more flavoursome than lamb & at half the price. Why do you not see these in many butchers?
    Many years back, my beloved and I went to a village in the mountains (Manikaran in the Parvati Valley in the foothills of the Indian Himalayas} to visit some old friends. This is really cut off - 2 hrs by bus to the main road where the valley joins the Delhi-Manali road.

Matey said he'd cook for us tonight. Asked my partner if she wanted chicken or mutton and she chose the later. The Butchers there don't have fridges cos of power cuts. You see flies buzzing around the slabs of meat all the time.

She got really ill with the ****s etc and was in bed on a saline drip for days and days.

It turns out that mutton for them is goat. So beware if you ever go up the mountains - or eat in a local dhaba (cheap food shack) if it serves meat {most are Veg or pure veg.} A mutton curry is made from goat and isn't that good for western guts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Many years back, my beloved and I went to a village in the mountains (Manikaran in the Parvati Valley in the foothills of the Indian Himalayas} to visit some old friends. This is really cut off - 2 hrs by bus to the main road where the valley joins the Delhi-Manali road.

Matey said he'd cook for us tonight. Asked my partner if she wanted chicken or mutton and she chose the later. The Butchers there don't have fridges cos of power cuts. You see flies buzzing around the slabs of meat all the time.

She got really ill with the ****s etc and was in bed on a saline drip for days and days.

It turns out that mutton for them is goat. So beware if you ever go up the mountains - or eat in a local dhaba (cheap food shack) if it serves meat {most are Veg or pure veg.} A mutton curry is made from goat and isn't that good for western guts.
    I doubt it was the variety of meat that did it, more the lack of hygiene in India. Which is one reason that, unless forced by work, I will never visit the godforsaken place. I've lost count of the number of people I know who have come back from there seriously ill. In one case it probably cost him his life, in another case it has had an incredibly negative impact on his life.

Civilised people should visit only civilised countries, Ganpati.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I doubt it was the variety of meat that did it, more the lack of hygiene in India. Which is one reason that, unless forced by work, I will never visit the godforsaken place. I've lost count of the number of people I know who have come back from there seriously ill. In one case it probably cost him his life, in another case it has had an incredibly negative impact on his life.

Civilised people should visit only civilised countries, Ganpati.
    What a lot of old *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What a lot of old *******s.
    And I include Africa in that no-visit list, Charles

And I include Africa in that no-visit list, Charles
    And south-east Asia?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    And south-east Asia?
    Oh god no, I'm desperate to visit SE Asia. In no way would I consider it to be uncivilised.

Oh god no, I'm desperate to visit SE Asia. In no way would I consider it to be uncivilised.
    You might be in for something of a surprise, tbh.