Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Thoughts on that one?

Thoughts on that one?

Felt with a more clinical striker Southampton would've won and been decent winners.

Shane Long with two golden chances in the 2nd half...the first one he should buried. Aguero and Zlatan would've slammed that past Cech.

All a bit huff and puff up front from us but we stole it.

Koscielny was once again AWESOME as captain.

Hopefully we can go back to having Xhaka in midfield. Thought we missed his class, physical presence and passing range today.

Ditto for Alexis.

we need our best players out there all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Felt with a more clinical striker Southampton would've won and been decent winners.

Shane Long with two golden chances in the 2nd half...the first one he should buried. Aguero and Zlatan would've slammed that past Cech.

All a bit huff and puff up front from us but we stole it.

Koscielny was once again AWESOME as captain.

Hopefully we can go back to having Xhaka in midfield. Thought we missed his class, physical presence and passing range today.

Ditto for Alexis.

we need our best players out there all of the time.
    I guess that with Paris on Tuesday and another away game next weekend, we had to rest one or two, and the obvious game to do so was today and the obvious candidates were the chap who has just flown back from South America and the chap who isn't yet used to the intensity of English football.

Seems eminently sensible and logical to me.

It was a shaky performance but we won a fixture where we dropped two points last season, so......

Alexis was way off the pace. My moan was that this game was probably more suited to Giroud than the new boy.

A bit of rotation. Job done. We were not up to our highest standard and won." Fergie Time penalty". Get in Santi.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenes' Wanger View Post
    A bit of rotation. Job done. We were not up to our highest standard and won." Fergie Time penalty". Get in Santi.
    One thing: it was definitely a penalty.

There was a penalty just before the penalty, I'm pretty sure. Ball hit outstretched arm of defender.