Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: We've managed to spend close to £100m without actually strengthening the starting XI

We've managed to spend close to £100m without actually strengthening the starting XI

I'm not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I'm not impressed.
    They've played about 4 games between them. Terrible post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I'm not impressed.
    Oh ffs - quit moaning. A win is a win is a win. Whenever we go behind we find it difficult to break down the opposition. If we were playing anyone but PSG next week then Wenger would have started Xhaka and possibly Alexis.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

2 shots on target. A penalty and the overhead kick by one of our CHs. We spent about 100 million squid and don't make the starting XI any better. Santi, Ozil, Alexis, and Cech all made the starting XI better. I have fears for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Oh ffs - quit moaning. A win is a win is a win. Whenever we go behind we find it difficult to break down the opposition. If we were playing anyone but PSG next week then Wenger would have started Xhaka and possibly Alexis.
    I hope you're right. I just feel we should have brought someone who would walk into the first team and score and create more goals that the player he replaced.

I also think he should have started with Olly instead of Perez.

Man U spent 100m on pogba. I bet their version of awimb is in total meltdown

We won, right after an interlull, not the easiest thing to do for us in the last 20 years. 3 points gratefully accepted and move on please.

I would have preferred to splash the money on Aubemyang but if he didn't want to come, what can you do?

Too early to say if the starting XI is stronger but I have hopes Mustafi will make it stronger. He had more touches and played more passes than anyone else on the pitch today, not a bad sign.

We probably have a stronger squad than last season and sometimes it's the squad that lets you down when first teamers are absent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I would have preferred to splash the money on Aubemyang but if he didn't want to come, what can you do?

Too early to say if the starting XI is stronger but I have hopes Mustafi will make it stronger. He had more touches and played more passes than anyone else on the pitch today, not a bad sign.

We probably have a stronger squad than last season and sometimes it's the squad that lets you down when first teamers are absent.
    We need to resort to kidnapping or going after the player's family to get someone like aubemayang. Let me make some calls.