Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Th TV programme The Last Leg is an odd one, isn't it. An audience of able-bodied

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    The same way almost the entire Russian athletics team, the Jamaican athletics team, Florence Griffith-Joyner, Linford Christie etc etc did. It isn't that hard.

Even Ben Johnson managed it for about 6 years.
    The Russain team did it with the help of the Govt, the Jamaican drug testing programme has been disbanded.... the atheletes you mentioned are going back over 20 yrs so hardly relevant... so i assume you are saying Farrah is getting help from the Govt to cover up his failed tests then????? Otherwisde your evidence is as flimsy as it was when you ranted about it last year
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    The Russain team did it with the help of the Govt, the Jamaican drug testing programme has been disbanded.... the atheletes you mentioned are going back over 20 yrs so hardly relevant... so i assume you are saying Farrah is getting help from the Govt to cover up his failed tests then????? Otherwisde your evidence is as flimsy as it was when you ranted about it last year
    Um, no. He doesn't fail the tests because he stops taking the drugs long enough before the testing occurs. Avoiding positive tests is relatively easy, they do it the same way now that they did it 20 years ago, which is why those names are relevant.

The circumstantial evidence against Mo Farah (one r unless you're thinking of Farrah Fawcett, whose drug use was quite different) is overwhelming, I'm afraid. You just choose not to see it.

Um, no. He doesn't fail the tests because he stops taking the drugs long enough before the testing occurs. Avoiding positive tests is relatively easy, they do it the same way now that they did it 20 years ago, which is why those names are relevant.

The circumstantial evidence against Mo Farah (one r unless you're thinking of Farrah Fawcett, whose drug use was quite different) is overwhelming, I'm afraid. You just choose not to see it.
    He must be so lucky that all the out of coempetition drug tests he has done never manages to catch the time when he has been taking drugs.. and no, they don't carry out tests the same way so the names are not relevant at all..... so your evidence is circumstantial without anything to back it up... brilliant

He must be so lucky that all the out of coempetition drug tests he has done never manages to catch the time when he has been taking drugs.. and no, they don't carry out tests the same way so the names are not relevant at all..... so your evidence is circumstantial without anything to back it up... brilliant
    The only non-circumstantial evidence is a failed drugs test and we know how easily avoided those tests are. BTW, did you know that Mo was one of the very few British athletes to miss two out of competition tests in the build up to the London Olympics? The second one his excuse was that he couldn't hear the doorbell

Basically, your argument is that while those nasty Russians and cheating Jamaicans may be at it, there's no way our holier than thou British athletes are. Not with the British sense of fair play wot wot.

It's nonsense, everyone close to athletics knows that you don't get to the age of 26 without ever having achieved anything of note globally and then start winning every gold medal and every world championship over a 4 or 5 year period without doping. Mo was a virtually anonymous athlete who's form went through the roof when he started working with an American coach who has had 3 athletes testify under oath that he encouraged them to dope.

Guilty, I'm afraid.

The only non-circumstantial evidence is a failed drugs test and we know how easily avoided those tests are. BTW, did you know that Mo was one of the very few British athletes to miss two out of competition tests in the build up to the London Olympics? The second one his excuse was that he couldn't hear the doorbell

Basically, your argument is that while those nasty Russians and cheating Jamaicans may be at it, there's no way our holier than thou British athletes are. Not with the British sense of fair play wot wot.

It's nonsense, everyone close to athletics knows that you don't get to the age of 26 without ever having achieved anything of note globally and then start winning every gold medal and every world championship over a 4 or 5 year period without doping. Mo was a virtually anonymous athlete who's form went through the roof when he started working with an American coach who has had 3 athletes testify under oath that he encouraged them to dope.

Guilty, I'm afraid.

I am pleased that your evidence is him not breaking any rules (2 missed tests is allowed anyway, it is 3 in 12 months that get you banned), he wasn't an unkown at all and i do find it amazing that you find him guilty without any actual evidence... you must be great in a jury

When you have some evidence that actually means something then please come back and I will listen to you....

I am pleased that your evidence is him not breaking any rules (2 missed tests is allowed anyway, it is 3 in 12 months that get you banned), he wasn't an unkown at all and i do find it amazing that you find him guilty without any actual evidence... you must be great in a jury

When you have some evidence that actually means something then please come back and I will listen to you....
    How can I? You won't accept any evidence other than a failed drugs test and he hasn't failed one. The facts that lead me to the conclusion are as follows:

1) There are world junior athletics championships held every year (there are two of them each held every second year, not sure the distinction between the two) and from the ages of 17-21 when he was eligible Mo Farah did not win a single medal of any kind in any year. Two events per year, 3 medals, 5 years, that's 30 medals and he didn't win one of them
    2) This is hardly surprising because in the World championships and Olympics held when he was 21-26 he also didn't win a single medal of any kind at any distance
    3) When he was 26 he began working with an American coach who has had 3 athletes testify under oath, at risk of perjury, that he had encouraged them and showed them how to dope
    4) since that time he has won every gold medal at two Olympics and several world championships at 5K and 10K, something that no other distance runner has ever achieved.

That Pokster, is overwhelming circumstantial evidence, I'm afraid.

However let's be honest, we'll never agree on this. How's the kids and the golf game, in that order?

How can I? You won't accept any evidence other than a failed drugs test and he hasn't failed one. The facts that lead me to the conclusion are as follows:

1) There are world junior athletics championships held every year (there are two of them each held every second year, not sure the distinction between the two) and from the ages of 17-21 when he was eligible Mo Farah did not win a single medal of any kind in any year. Two events per year, 3 medals, 5 years, that's 30 medals and he didn't win one of them
    2) This is hardly surprising because in the World championships and Olympics held when he was 21-26 he also didn't win a single medal of any kind at any distance
    3) When he was 26 he began working with an American coach who has had 3 athletes testify under oath, at risk of perjury, that he had encouraged them and showed them how to dope
    4) since that time he has won every gold medal at two Olympics and several world championships at 5K and 10K, something that no other distance runner has ever achieved.

That Pokster, is overwhelming circumstantial evidence, I'm afraid.

However let's be honest, we'll never agree on this. How's the kids and the golf game, in that order?
    He's British though you Canadian ****.

Come home I miss you.....