Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New signings. I feel so underwhelmed

Do academy players count as signings now?

(he was an academy player, wasn't he? I'm not deviant enough to know for sure)

Quote Originally Posted by Red N White Army View Post
    Do academy players count as signings now?

(he was an academy player, wasn't he? I'm not deviant enough to know for sure)
    Apparently so. It was more the other chap's reference to him being injury prone which I took very minor offence to.

Did you know that young Alex is the nephew of Jay Jay Okacha. There you go. One for the pub on friday after work.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    If this place allowed me to reply with quote (it did yesterday but doesn't seem to today) I would have highlighted this from your post:

'Only Arsene seems to get stick for it.'

I thought the manner of my reply made that clear, maybe not. And my reply was perfectly relevant, balanced and supportable in that context.
    Ah - fair enough you grumpy Canadian *******.

That does vaguley ring a bell, yes.

How are you SW? Going this w/e?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    What is this extreme level of optimism based on?
    The belief/hope that the acquisition of Xhaka means that I will never again have to watch Aaron Ramsey attempt to play central midfield for Arsenal Football Club.

It fills me with joy.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    The belief/hope that the acquisition of Xhaka means that I will never again have to watch Aaron Ramsey attempt to play central midfield for Arsenal Football Club.

It fills me with joy.
    I don't mind him midfield at all, just not as the deep lying CM, he's wasted (and not great) there

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I don't mind him midfield at all, just not as the deep lying CM, he's wasted (and not great) there
    Yeah, that's what I meant. The only position he should play is currently occupied by Mesut Ozil, a far superior player.

Wide on the right doesn't really suit him and when he plays as one of the '2' in 4-2-3-1 he's been poor imo.

So I got the league wrong.
    The point is Luis that we have been crying out for these signings for ages. If our squad is too large then we need to shift people or let them go.
    If these were additions to a squad that was competitive, then fine. But they are not. All summer we knew that Welbeck would not be back in time for the start of the season, than Grioud would be rested come the start (as should Aaron but I digress), Ozil et al. Yet we did nothing to address this. If come the end of the season we lose the league/ 4th place by 4-5 points, I trust you will still be so cock a hoop.

Totally agree. Year in, year out we have tried to do things on a shoe string while bragging about our funds. Why are we so surprised when people refuse shekels? Even if we had been building steadily on transfer successes we would have something. But we panic buy or leave it late and then bemoan some *******s that everybody else had o deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Henry AKA The African Queen View Post
    So I got the league wrong.
    The point is Luis that we have been crying out for these signings for ages. If our squad is too large then we need to shift people or let them go.
    If these were additions to a squad that was competitive, then fine. But they are not. All summer we knew that Welbeck would not be back in time for the start of the season, than Grioud would be rested come the start (as should Aaron but I digress), Ozil et al. Yet we did nothing to address this. If come the end of the season we lose the league/ 4th place by 4-5 points, I trust you will still be so cock a hoop.
    Are you actually suggesting that we should have just bought a player for 3 matches? I think it's fair to say we tried to get players in earlier but for whatever reason they didn't happen