Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New signings. I feel so underwhelmed

New signings. I feel so underwhelmed

We needed a striker and defender before Merts and Gaby almost died. Now that the new boys have had no chance to bed in and the other teams are looking stronger, I actually feel I support from from duty and masochism.

Whilst I am pleased with Mustafi, our injury woes means we are back to square one should anything happen - which is a given with us. I have never heard of the other bloke (even though I check up on Serie A - albeit not as much as before). I probably would have felt happier with Lacazette but I have just lost it with AW (some time ago but still) and will just be happy with wins, but expect nothing.
    I didn't think it before but I now realize we are in serious jeopardy of losing our beloved 4th place trophy.

This is what supporting Ingerlund must feel like at the minute...

Spot On Lady H. Good business but way too late.Always the last minute bargain hunter is Arsene. Ozil, Santi and Sanchez deserve a Torres in his prime sort of striker. I hope our new one does the business. Putting the afore named three with Giroud is like putting me in the Jamaican 100m relay team. It isn't Girouds fault. He is decent enough. But so so slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenes' Wanger View Post
    Spot On Lady H. Good business but way too late.Always the last minute bargain hunter is Arsene. Ozil, Santi and Sanchez deserve a Torres in his prime sort of striker. I hope our new one does the business. Putting the afore named three with Giroud is like putting me in the Jamaican 100m relay team. It isn't Girouds fault. He is decent enough. But so so slow.
    Don't under estimate yourself, Wanger. If you had as many drugs in your body as the Jamaican 4x100 team I reckon you'd be pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Henry AKA The African Queen View Post
    We needed a striker and defender before Merts and Gaby almost died. Now that the new boys have had no chance to bed in and the other teams are looking stronger, I actually feel I support from from duty and masochism.

Whilst I am pleased with Mustafi, our injury woes means we are back to square one should anything happen - which is a given with us. I have never heard of the other bloke (even though I check up on Serie A - albeit not as much as before). I probably would have felt happier with Lacazette but I have just lost it with AW (some time ago but still) and will just be happy with wins, but expect nothing.
    I didn't think it before but I now realize we are in serious jeopardy of losing our beloved 4th place trophy.

This is what supporting Ingerlund must feel like at the minute...
    As far as I am aware, Mertesacker and Gabriel are merely injured - unfortunate but less serious than dead. Quite how people think we can just stockpile players when there is a limit on a squad size these days. Most managers have spoken about what a difficult summer it was to sign players - see Chelsea's struggle to get a centre back in and what they ended up with. Only Arsene seems to get stick for it. City only bought their first choice keeper in the last week of the window but they have been praised to the hilt for their summer business .

Not surprised you feel underwhelmed by Lucas - he did absolutely **** all in Serie A last year. He did however score 17 goals in La Liga

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenes' Wanger View Post
    Blimey - you must rate Mustafi very highly if you think 34 million is a bargain

Only Arsene manages a club with over £150mil in cash reserves that hasn't won the league in 12 years. Only Arsene manages a club in the top 5 leagues in Europe that didn't buy a single outfield player last summer only to finish 10 points behind Leicester. Only Arsene refused to replace Almunia with Schwarzer for the princely sum of £2mil. etc etc etc

He brings it on himself imo.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Only Arsene manages a club with over £150mil in cash reserves that hasn't won the league in 12 years. Only Arsene manages a club in the top 5 leagues in Europe that didn't buy a single outfield player last summer only to finish 10 points behind Leicester. Only Arsene refused to replace Almunia with Schwarzer for the princely sum of £2mil. etc etc etc

He brings it on himself imo.
    Ah, nothing new or relevant to bring to the table, I see.

It is both relevant and some of it new. You just choose to denigrate a view you don't agree with because you have no valid counter argument, apparently.

Nothing new there then.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    It is both relevant and some of it new. You just choose to denigrate a view you don't agree with because you have no valid counter argument, apparently.

Nothing new there then.
    Well, the thread was about this summer's signings and you've chosen to go off on one about last summer and, even more bizarrely, something that allegedly happened six years ago, so I am not sure what you consider new and relevant in that. If you actually make a point that is worth putting forward a counter argument against to I would gladly do so. At the moment you haven't

If this place allowed me to reply with quote (it did yesterday but doesn't seem to today) I would have highlighted this from your post:

'Only Arsene seems to get stick for it.'

I thought the manner of my reply made that clear, maybe not. And my reply was perfectly relevant, balanced and supportable in that context.