Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So then.. David Luiz.. Dodged a bullet there, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    At the time it was. Chelsea needed a boat load of money and PSG conveniently ponied it over. I believe Ligue 1 is a bit stricter than the the PL and so Chelsea are returning the favour

This before we even look at the whole dubious agent, Kia Joorabchian
    And what do PSG get out of this deal other than a bang average centre-half and a £20m loss, never mind his associated salary costs.

In summary, no.

I’m not having it. Simply another example of ****ed up mental transfer madness that is sweeping the football world.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    And what do PSG get out of this deal other than a bang average centre-half and a £20m loss, never mind his associated salary costs.

In summary, no.

I’m not having it. Simply another example of ****ed up mental transfer madness that is sweeping the football world.
    Louise's fee has been reported as high as £34m. If the original £50m estimate was a bit high the difference could be nearer 10m than 20m. So if, according to the FFP-money-shuffle theory, this was one FFP-avoiding club helping another out, then we'd expect Chelsea to return the favour. All it needs is for Chelsea to pay over the odds for a PSG player again and the deal is balanced.

Just a theory, but an attempt to explain how the player with such a reputation could be sold for that sort of money TWICE. And back to the original club. Remember, Chelsea has supposedly developed a big system of loaning players as a business model to get round FFP (don't ask me how it works), and if so it can't be completely dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Louise's fee has been reported as high as £34m. If the original £50m estimate was a bit high the difference could be nearer 10m than 20m. So if, according to the FFP-money-shuffle theory, this was one FFP-avoiding club helping another out, then we'd expect Chelsea to return the favour. All it needs is for Chelsea to pay over the odds for a PSG player again and the deal is balanced.

Just a theory, but an attempt to explain how the player with such a reputation could be sold for that sort of money TWICE. And back to the original club. Remember, Chelsea has supposedly developed a big system of loaning players as a business model to get round FFP (don't ask me how it works), and if so it can't be completely dead.
    I know the theory but if the club was not Chelsea there would not be an eye-lid batted. Chelsea, Abramovich, crook, crooked …

As for Luis and his reputation yes he is sniggered about by some but equally so a succession of hugely talented global football managers have chosen to select him in their first 11. He is not *as bad* as many make out, in fact when pushed a little up the pitch where his errors can be seen as less costly he can be quite good.

Enormously over-priced of course but modern day football transfer madness. I watched about 20 mins of Super Sky Deadline Day madness last night and there was eye watering fees being mentioned for players left, right and centre some of whom I had never heard of.

And I have flicked through World Soccer more than once when in the airport waiting for the 8:40 flight to London Stansted.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I know the theory but if the club was not Chelsea there would not be an eye-lid batted. Chelsea, Abramovich, crook, crooked …

As for Luis and his reputation yes he is sniggered about by some but equally so a succession of hugely talented global football managers have chosen to select him in their first 11. He is not *as bad* as many make out, in fact when pushed a little up the pitch where his errors can be seen as less costly he can be quite good.

Enormously over-priced of course but modern day football transfer madness. I watched about 20 mins of Super Sky Deadline Day madness last night and there was eye watering fees being mentioned for players left, right and centre some of whom I had never heard of.

And I have flicked through World Soccer more than once when in the airport waiting for the 8:40 flight to London Stansted.
    Channelling the spirit of Jorge here, he is undoubtedly a talented footballer player and Conte isn't afraid to use a three at the back system which may suit him. Might not be such a stupid move

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Channelling the spirit of Jorge here, he is undoubtedly a talented footballer player and Conte isn't afraid to use a three at the back system which may suit him. Might not be such a stupid move
    Difference is Jorge would access World Soccer on his watch, I expect he looks upon printed media as being archaic and the preserve of the luddite.

Apart from Gazetta dello Sport which he will pick up each day from his trusted store in Bradford before settling down at a pavement café for a single source sustainably produced espresso.

I miss him.