Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks like I have no reason to leave the country now :cloud9:

Looks like I have no reason to leave the country now :cloud9:

Great. Another soulless corporate chain forcing out independent cafes, promulgating bland uniformity to the high street, charging extortionate prices and exporting the profits.

And that picture of chick peas heavily coated in sugar makes me feel a bit sick, tbh.

And serioulsy, how much did they pay The Metro for that blatant and utterly shameless piece of advertorial?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Great. Another soulless corporate chain forcing out independent cafes, promulgating bland uniformity to the high street, charging extortionate prices and exporting the profits.

And that picture of chick peas heavily coated in sugar makes me feel a bit sick, tbh.

Named after the legend Tim Horton.

Independent cafes aren't averse to charging extortionate prices and are all pretty uniform nowadays, too. In fact, the hipster aesthetic has basically become the norm whether you're a one-man band or a corporate behemoth. I walked past a KFC on East Finchley high street the other day and they've got copper light fittings, menus hand-written on chalk blackboards - basically nothing you wouldn't see in Shoreditch.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Independent cafes aren't averse to charging extortionate prices and are all pretty uniform nowadays, too. In fact, the hipster aesthetic has basically become the norm whether you're a one-man band or a corporate behemoth. I walked past a KFC on East Finchley high street the other day and they've got copper light fittings, menus hand-written on chalk blackboards - basically nothing you wouldn't see in Shoreditch.
    This must be the new look for KFC they just reopened the one near me in the same style.

And serioulsy, how much did they pay The Metro for that blatant and utterly shameless piece of advertorial?
    Sadly, all they'd have to do would be buy an ad. That is the problem with free papers that are wholly reliant on advertising - they're whores.

hang on a minute! CHICKPEAS!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    This must be the new look for KFC they just reopened the one near me in the same style.
    I just hope they don't get any further ideas above their station and drop their crush'em milkshakes for something more hipster-friendly. I ****ing love me a milkyway crush'em

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Sadly, all they'd have to do would be buy an ad. That is the problem with free papers that are wholly reliant on advertising - they're whores.
    The NME operated on a similar business model while it was still something you could buy. The idea that the bands on their front cover were solely there on the basis of some kind of musical merit was laughable. Yet suckers fell for it. Every time.