Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So we had this new cleaner come round yesterday for an 'interview'

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Though nothing would beat playing through a real amp. I am thinking of hiring a rehearsal space just for jamming. I can split it with my mate.
    Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Good idea.
    THat reminds me. Just to threadjack the threadjack here's another bass-riff-based track. So simple but the occasional harmonic variant thrown in while the guitar layers crash and slide around really does itfor me.

THat reminds me. Just to threadjack the threadjack here's another bass-riff-based track. So simple but the occasional harmonic variant thrown in while the guitar layers crash and slide around really does itfor me.

Just to rehijack it for a sec, could someone tell me what they think is a reasonable hourly rate to pay a cleaner?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Just to rehijack it for a sec, could someone tell me what they think is a reasonable hourly rate to pay a cleaner?
    I have no idea. Monty has form in that area of economic activity. I applaud your instinctive unease at the expropriation of surplus value by the parasitical agency though.

I pay mine £15 per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    She's only worth 50p, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    She's only worth 50p, to be honest.
    Yeah. That's what we paid the old one. She did a good job. Always folded the lavatory paper into a little arrow like in a hotel.

I have no idea. Monty has form in that area of economic activity. I applaud your instinctive unease at the expropriation of surplus value by the parasitical agency though.
    It's not so much the agency that bothers me - middle men are what they are - as the fact that this poor girl is effectively going to be getting half what my previous cleaner did for the same job. Now I know the laws of supply and demand are in this instance working in my favour, but it don't seem right.