Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think we've had a brilliant transfer window imo.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think we've had a brilliant transfer window imo.

there will be some moaning.

But I'd say we've made one of the most expensive CB signings in history. (don't know the fee)

Arsene is taking this seriously.
    Xhaka looks promising.
    Perez who knows let's see what happens.
    Holding loads of potential.

Wilshere leaving is a bit of a shocker. but there isn't space for him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    there will be some moaning.

But I'd say we've made one of the most expensive CB signings in history. (don't know the fee)

Arsene is taking this seriously.
    Xhaka looks promising.
    Perez who knows let's see what happens.
    Holding loads of potential.

Wilshere leaving is a bit of a shocker. but there isn't space for him right now.
    It's been good. Had there been a ( ) 'world class' centre forward available, and had we signed him, it would have been brilliant.

We're not winning the league with Giroud leading the line. la has explained this to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's been good. Had there been a ( ) 'world class' centre forward available, and had we signed him, it would have been brilliant.

We're not winning the league with Giroud leading the line. la has explained this to us.
    You could put anybody up there it won't make a huge difference. Possibly a 'world class' would take their opportunities a bit better than mr Giroud.

When Alexis was put up there in the first couple of games he was wasted. I think it's just our formation.

The new fella will be fine.

You could put anybody up there it won't make a huge difference. Possibly a 'world class' would take their opportunities a bit better than mr Giroud.

When Alexis was put up there in the first couple of games he was wasted. I think it's just our formation.

The new fella will be fine.
    Wasted or just getting used to a different position? Seemed to be all right on Saturday

He was a bit isolated in the first two games. All that changed when Ozil turned up. The balance with Santi and Xhaka in cm looked the best we've seen for a while. We need Ozil and Alexis linking up as much as possible. I suspect Ozil prefers having Alexis upfront than Giroud as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Wasted or just getting used to a different position? Seemed to be all right on Saturday
    Who cares about the facts here LA. I didn't see that game it wasn't on telly.

Who cares about the facts here LA. I didn't see that game it wasn't on telly.
    I watched it on Sky's Game of the Day, in its entirety. It's the perfect way to watch football, I've found. Go out and do something enjoyable during the day, and check the score after the match. If we lose, then go into media lockdown. If we win, watch the game on Sky later in a completely relaxed and stress-free stylee.

My take on this is that we needed more goals from last year. And while I hope Ozil can start scoring like Bergkamp did, we need most of these to come from the front 3.

Alexis may score a few more as CF than LW, but his goal rate as a winger was superb.

We don't really have any other goalscoring wingers other than Alexis. Yes, Rambo, Feo, Iwobi etc will get a few but not as many as Olly.

And shouldn't that be the equation? We need a 25 a season striker plus Alexis. {And another goal scoring winger would make us contenders.} Sticking Alexis at CF with Ox etc out wide won't get us enough goals.

I'd rather stick with Alexis on the left, Olly up front {and hope he gets lots more goals} and hope that Rambo or Feo or the new lad Perez or Iwobi can score lots from the other wing. That's why I wish we'd kept Serge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    My take on this is that we needed more goals from last year. And while I hope Ozil can start scoring like Bergkamp did, we need most of these to come from the front 3.

Alexis may score a few more as CF than LW, but his goal rate as a winger was superb.

We don't really have any other goalscoring wingers other than Alexis. Yes, Rambo, Feo, Iwobi etc will get a few but not as many as Olly.

And shouldn't that be the equation? We need a 25 a season striker plus Alexis. {And another goal scoring winger would make us contenders.} Sticking Alexis at CF with Ox etc out wide won't get us enough goals.

I'd rather stick with Alexis on the left, Olly up front {and hope he gets lots more goals} and hope that Rambo or Feo or the new lad Perez or Iwobi can score lots from the other wing. That's why I wish we'd kept Serge.
    You have mentioned this ad nauseum. I'm not entirely sure why a couple of goals against Fiji U23s and some similar teams has turned Serge Gnabry into Lionel Messi and Neymar combined. He was pretty ordinary in the one game I saw him against Nigeria in the semi for a start and don't think he did well in the final. Walcott will score far more goals than he would if he gets the games

vs Liverpool we kept putting in high crosses to the littlest fella on the pitch,
    vs Leicester they had a much better defence than liverpool, Watfard were wide open for anyone to shag.

Sanchez is not the answer at the spearhead, nor is Wally Walcott, Giroud has no pace and has fallen for the party line of trying to set up a cert for someone else rather than burying it himself.

New boy?? wait and see is all we can do.

Welbz? crocked Nicklas Bentdner.....for now, but more promising.

Akpom? def one for the future if he carries on like last year and pre season.

Sanogo? meh

everywhere else, midfield, defence, and picktheballoutthenetter, we are Spades all the way in depth.

Is it enough to challenge the Mancs & a Chelsea whose only focus is domestic? Possibly.
    Another dose of hope based on the midfield (includes the wide boys) compensating for the deficiencies up front