Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apparently we're going to let Wilshere leave on loan. What a shame

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Seriously?
    Yup. Horribly overrated by virtue of being both English and home-grown. The sort of ineffectual, lightweight player people would moan about ceaselessly if Wenger had signed him from abroad.
    Last edited by Burney; 08-30-2016 at 09:46 AM.

he's the most one footed player I've ever seen - no loss whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yup. Horribly overrated by virtue of being both English and home-grown. The sort of ineffectual, lightweight player people would moan about ceaselessly if Wenger had signed him from abroad.
    I make you wrong B.Smashing player whose main problem is that he keeps the ball too near to his feet, which is far and away the stupidest criticism for a footballer ever.

Hmm. A tremendously gifted footballer. His Englishness has certainly led to supporters cutting him more slack than other injury-plagued players might have enjoyed, but I don't think anyone has overrated his abilities, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by NZgunner View Post
    he's the most one footed player I've ever seen - no loss whatsoever
    Ah, but it's a good foot, NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hmm. A tremendously gifted footballer. His Englishness has certainly led to supporters cutting him more slack than other injury-plagued players might have enjoyed, but I don't think anyone has overrated his abilities, tbh.
    Gifted schmifted. His abilities are defined by what he's actually achieved, I'm afraid, not that of which we might imagine him to be capable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I wouldn't hold that against him. Maradona's right foot was purely there for balance as far as I could see, but he wasn't a bad little player.

Gifted schmifted. His abilities are defined by what he's actually achieved, I'm afraid, not that of which we might imagine him to be capable.
    Hmmmm again,I disagree.It's like having a pop at Gram Parsons or some such for not fufilling their enormous potential instead of just enjoying the work he did do.

davor suker too....only had 1 foot but daaaaaaaam! what a foot....

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Hmmmm again,I disagree.It's like having a pop at Gram Parsons or some such for not fufilling their enormous potential instead of just enjoying the work he did do.
    That's you speaking as a fan. However, if I were running a record label and wanted results, I would kick an underperforming artist off my books. Similarly, as a club, Arsenal ought to rid themselves of an underperforming player.