Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Listen, I know that online mysogyny is all taboo nowadays, but surely there's not a

Listen, I know that online mysogyny is all taboo nowadays, but surely there's not a

single person on earth who would object to Hadley Freedman being told what a despicable **** she is for this tweet?

https://twitter.com/HadleyFreeman/st...00095328096256

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    single person on earth who would object to Hadley Freedman being told what a despicable **** she is for this tweet?

i think it is meant to be a joke.A **** joke but a joke nonetheless

Won't do you any good. She's one of those Guardian types. Do you think she gives a tuppeny fart about women, about Muslims, about feminism? No, she cares about being seen to be better than verminous Tories or anyone else who fails to engage in the groupthink.

Ignore her. Ignore all of her ilk. From Jones through Toynbee and Laurie to Chakraborty, the best thing you can do, for the sake of your sanity, is shrug and move on.

Why do you get the urge to be mysogynistic just because the person you disagree with is a woman, Monty? Tell us more about this deep hatred of women you have which leads to you believing in the moral righteousness of a highly insulting personal attack because she made a silly tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Won't do you any good. She's one of those Guardian types. Do you think she gives a tuppeny fart about women, about Muslims, about feminism? No, she cares about being seen to be better than verminous Tories or anyone else who fails to engage in the groupthink.

Ignore her. Ignore all of her ilk. From Jones through Toynbee and Laurie to Chakraborty, the best thing you can do, for the sake of your sanity, is shrug and move on.
    Can we throw in the increasingly cretinous and ubiquitous gurner Caitlin Moran, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Why do you get the urge to be mysogynistic just because the person you disagree with is a woman, Monty? Tell us more about this deep hatred of women you have which leads to you believing in the moral righteousness of a highly insulting personal attack because she made a silly tweet.
    I don't believe my calling her a despicable **** would be a mysogynistic act. I'd feel inclined to say exactly the same to a man who made the same tweet. But we know full well that if I did call her a despicable ****, the mysogyny card would be out in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Can we throw in the increasingly cretinous and ubiquitous gurner Caitlin Moran, please?
    I liked her books.

it just seems to be on this whole "Allan" issue that otherwise intelligent people have become afflicted with a deep, deep moral confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Consider it done, b.

It's odd how many of these viryue-signalling cretins are currently women.

I say, 'currently women', I mean lots of them are women, not that they might one day be men. Mind you, I suppose you can never be sure, these days.

I liked her books.

it just seems to be on this whole "Allan" issue that otherwise intelligent people have become afflicted with a deep, deep moral confusion.
    It's not a confusion, it's an inevitable contradiction that has come about because they subscribed to an unintelligent binary world view in which there are merely 'right' people and 'wrong' people. This has rendered them incapable of believing that someone with 'wrong' views on - say - which political party to vote for - can possibly be 'right' about - say - the place of Islam in western society or its attitudes to women. This means that, if 'wrong' voices are heard attacking something to do with Islam, all the other beliefs of the 'right' person will be subordinated to opposing them no matter how inherently contradictory that makes their stance or how strange or distasteful the bedfellows they are required to make. This is why you end up with anti-racism campaigners hobnobbing with people who have uttered the blood libel or radical feminists happily supporting men who believe women should be entirely subordinate to their husbands.
    The 'right' people genuinely believe they have a monopoly on morality and virtue and are blind to any other possibility. This renders them morally and intellectually bankrupt.
    Last edited by Burney; 08-25-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Consider it done, b.

It's odd how many of these viryue-signalling cretins are currently women.

I say, 'currently women', I mean lots of them are women, not that they might one day be men. Mind you, I suppose you can never be sure, these days.
    Yes. The irony that many of those who brand themselves feminists do most to bolster the case of the sort of men who say that women aren't that bright is not lost on me.