Thread: A disastrous transfer window is taking shape

'a one man crusade against reality'

Brilliant
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Anybody can play up front, it is whether they are any good in that role. World football is not currently overflowing with world class strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well to be fair some may expect us to compete as we were told we could and would compete by our very own CEO. Then he confuses issues by contradicting his earlier comments when speaking to US media this summer.

We probably generate more money than 2-3 of the clubs you mention, where we differ is with our attitude to spending money where we as a club believe in spending within a self-sustaining model. Not for us to speculate to accumulate.

Fair enough, each business can choose to run their business as they so choose. Which is why you will rarely see me criticising other clubs for exorbitant spending, good luck to them.

What annoys chaps is not spending when there appears tangible evidence that we’re ****ing minted.

And Zlatan, to use him as an example, there is always ways around wage structures. Remember Sol Campbell???
    Don't we pay Ozil a rather tidy sum? Reputed to be £190,000 per hard working week!

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I think it is the apparent lack of planning that is frustrating for many C.

Take the striker issue. We all know we need one, apart from Rich. Wenger openly stated that one of the primary reasons for the failure to win last season’s title was goals scored. So fair play he looked to address this early in the summer with an opportunistic offer for Vardy. Perhaps lazy and/or the cheap option but he went for it, deals all done and business over before the Euros.

We all know what occurred and here 9-10 weeks later, nothing.

Was there ever a plan B? Does he really want to spend given his very obvious reservations about modern day transfer fees. Is he now so out of touch as to steam on with what looks like a one man crusade against reality.

Waiting for a 29th August late bargain and a few million saved, and of course savings on related salary costs over the summer.
    Would you be happy to see the club spend £50m on Mustafi and more on Lacazette? Just asking!

Quote Originally Posted by George Morrell's Tache View Post
    Anybody can play up front, it is whether they are any good in that role.
    We need insight like this. Which reminds me, WHERE IS REG?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    We need insight like this. Which reminds me, WHERE IS REG?
    Oh, he'll just be quietly fomenting a civil war or military coup somewhere, fear not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh, he'll just be quietly fomenting a civil war or military coup somewhere, fear not.
    I wonder where? I do hope the weather's nice for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I wonder where? I do hope the weather's nice for him.
    The weather is fine!