Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A bit of a poll / open discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You can use your Oyster card to get to Sidcup, Mo.
    Et tu, Sir C? I would have thought you were the one person on this board who'd have got that reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Sometimes when I say "you" I mean "I" and sometimes a cigar is just a pipe. If you go to buy a train ticket would you welcome the guy behind the counter giving you his views on the Schleswig-Holstein question instead of a single to Sidcup?
    So you see conversation as a transactional process? How odd. You think that, merely by the fact of you saying one thing, that obliges all other interlocutors to speak only to that and nothing else?

Et tu, Sir C? I would have thought you were the one person on this board who'd have got that reference.
    I'm being a bit slow, aren't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So you see conversation as a transactional process? How odd. You think that, merely by the fact of you saying one thing, that obliges all other interlocutors to speak only to that and nothing else?
    May I suggest that what you're doing here is actually hijacking a thread which Chris has started to try and get views on how to improve awimb?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You can use your Oyster card to get to Sidcup, Mo.
    You can walk to Sidcup

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You can walk to Sidcup
    No point now the banh mi shop has closed

Sometimes when I say "you" I mean "I" and sometimes a cigar is just a pipe. If you go to buy a train ticket would you welcome the guy behind the counter giving you his views on the Schleswig-Holstein question instead of a single to Sidcup?
    As soon as I get some new shoes I'll walk to Sidcup to get my papers.

Not when someone asks "do you know what time the game is on" and you get a reply "the other day I had a rather wonderful Chateauneuf-du-Pape".
    Bang on.

This was actually a very useful tactic deployed by the clique to stifle debate and criticisms of Arsene FC. Threads would be spammed and trolled to death so it was job-done for the Wengerite hijackers.

And as you rightly said, already this thread has been hijacked. I mentioned that racism/race-bating was out of hand on this forum then within minutes we had trolls hijacking and going off-topic with irrelevant racism on twitter, which was actually an own goal by the Empire Brits as the sympathy and condemnation came from Irish twitter users and the tweets that the link had on the page were by users from America and beyond

All this actually means is that to improve the forum to be better civilised and more accommodating means certain people would have to look at their own oafish behaviour hence their hijacking.

May I suggest that what you're doing here is actually hijacking a thread which Chris has started to try and get views on how to improve awimb?
    Errrr, no. I'm disagreeing with you. But I'm guessing that, as a keen conversation Nazi, you don't allow that either

I think it's a bit much that Old 'Un+ has awarded his own thread 5 gold stars tbh