Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A bit of a poll / open discussion...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris+ View Post
    I want awimb to return to it's former glory - How do I achieve this?

Hosting is becoming super expensive, and frankly if people desert awimb the way they have been doing it'll simply become too expensive to host, and never mind former glory, it'll just disappear.

I know that social media has overtaken forums to a certain extent, but we're better than that aren't we?

I want input from you lot - speak now please - how can it be improved?
    I think it may just be a sign of the times. For instance for myself I don't even really look on facebook much anymore. It may just be getting older but I am not sure.

but I would like the place to be a bit more user friendly especially with the adverts. I know they are needed but it if you don't have an ad blocker installed in makes the place annoying. And as easy as it is to install one people don't want to.

also when looking at it from a phone it's annoying at the forum jumps about and i end up clicking on ads all the time that opens up videos.

I think emailing those who didn't make it over giving them help on doing so and explaining on how to remove the ads or banners that clutter the forum etc and also those who were hounded out and bullied, like Jorge and even GSTB, who suffered horrendous abuse, having a zero-tolerance policy on blatant racism and wishing death/cancer on people would make it a more accommodating place.

Also is there any promotion or social media sites that this forum is linked to? Maybe having a twitter account and promoting the forum that way. As for the lay-out I think it's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    I think emailing those who didn't make it over giving them help on doing so and explaining on how to remove the ads or banners that clutter the forum etc and also those who were hounded out and bullied, like Jorge and even GSTB, who suffered horrendous abuse, having a zero-tolerance policy on blatant racism and wishing death/cancer on people would make it a more accommodating place.

Also is there any promotion or social media sites that this forum is linked to? Maybe having a twitter account and promoting the forum that way. As for the lay-out I think it's OK.
    Emailing the ones that didn't make the transition is a good idea...

Hosting is becoming super expensive, and frankly if people desert awimb the way they have been doing it'll simply become too expensive to host, and never mind former glory, it'll just disappear.

I know that social media has overtaken forums to a certain extent, but we're better than that aren't we?

I want input from you lot - speak now please - how can it be improved?
    A recent returners perspective. Was a lurker many years ago who enjoyed reading the interaction, later became an infrequent poster , before the format change seems as if things were already on a downward spiral- very few active posters. Log in problems meant I stopped even lurking and coming back yesterday not much had changed. Only solution is more posters =more traffic= hopefully more revenue. As Sir C says above, an invite to join might resurrect a few people. Would it be possible to email all members (active or not ) including from the old awimb if these email details still available?? A link to new log in maybe ( registration yesterday was very quick and painless )
    Only other thought is posiibly increasing Twitter and/or Facebook profile. Does Awimb have a Twitter profile?? I recall Arseblog was once a member and I have seen him talking to Headgear on Twitter about those long gone days- a recommendation from some such person could quickly have positive results on membership. Hope Awimb continues for years to come

It doesn't really seem to be a place for discussing football. Was it in its former glory?

Seems fine if you are a long term poster, but no reason for someone new to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    As soon as I get some new shoes I'll walk to Sidcup to get my papers.
    I got it. Classic.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Awimb does seem a 9-5pm, Mondays to Fridays only place these days. It never used to be like this. It had a thriving evening shift that would either pick up on the daily topics or bring new topics to the table. In turn this often gave posters material the next day to run with. Being mainly an office hours site these days naturally those who can post within these hours dominate and with falling numbers it can look conversations more suited to PM at times. Not the fault of those posters mind if others don't join in.

I would agree that Arsenal debate is limited now. People have pretty entrenched views and any criticism of Wenger or the club is usually jumped on and the debate ends. This applies both ways of course with anyone being too pro-Wenger. Worth saying that this is just the same on Twitter and other media. We are where we are I guess with Arsenal.

i don't know, maybe Bernie is right and the youth team is just not producing the next generation coming through anymore.

ChrisPlus
    OK - Any volunteers for moderating duties?

OK - Any volunteers for moderating duties?
    Will you be issuing guidelines to such mods, c?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Will you be issuing guidelines to such mods, c?
    A good point. Will mods be policing civil behaviour,or subject integrity? And what are the roolz? Of course, in Headgear's day it was simple. I AM THE LAW!