Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: A bit of a poll / open discussion...

You already posted that mo on another thread you spammer.

I do remember doing that World Cup sweepstakes in 2014 and getting loads of interest but for some reason the old board started to wane in the last few months...the switchover to here didn't help but that's not saying this platform won't work.

One of the charms of this place was that most of us knew each other from way back....for instance I started in 98 and that created a bond between all of us but there were too many new UNIQUE people joint the group so as as people have gotten older and moved away from posting on here the traffic has diminished.

Should just point out that people left for much different reasons....for some it was a personal choice...some just grew out of it, some lured away to other sites / social media, some left because of infighting, some got banned like Greg and fat neck etc etc

It is a shame...you would remember when I myself was in some trouble pretty much everyone on the board helped me out...even non Arsenal fans...I still have an amazing reference written by Bluepunter...never met the guy and he was a City fan yet still went out of his way to help me out.

I think that camaraderie we once had has gone....do we even still meet up at the Woodbine?

The fortunes of the team hasn't helped...i mean we've been through the bad times on the old board but the year in year out 4th place mediocrity probably just made people way to bored to care about coming on here anymore.

About Social media...maybe it's time to recreate that old AWIMB GROUP on Facebook?

Also...the Arsenal on Reddit gets insane traffic so they're clearly doing something right.

One thing that might help is maybe a fornightly video / podcast with some of the regulars...maybe do a link up on Arsenal Fan tv...lets get modd and DT in the same room together

I think that's another problem...Arsenal fan TVs...fans chat about Arsenal on there in the YouTube comments and the banter can get quite insane.

Just some thoughts from my side...generally it's a case of us losing members and not replacing them....

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I do remember doing that World Cup sweepstakes in 2014 and getting loads of interest but for some reason the old board started to wane in the last few months...the switchover to here didn't help but that's not saying this platform won't work.

One of the charms of this place was that most of us knew each other from way back....for instance I started in 98 and that created a bond between all of us but there were too many new UNIQUE people joint the group so as as people have gotten older and moved away from posting on here the traffic has diminished.

Should just point out that people left for much different reasons....for some it was a personal choice...some just grew out of it, some lured away to other sites / social media, some left because of infighting, some got banned like Greg and fat neck etc etc

It is a shame...you would remember when I myself was in some trouble pretty much everyone on the board helped me out...even non Arsenal fans...I still have an amazing reference written by Bluepunter...never met the guy and he was a City fan yet still went out of his way to help me out.

I think that camaraderie we once had has gone....do we even still meet up at the Woodbine?

The fortunes of the team hasn't helped...i mean we've been through the bad times on the old board but the year in year out 4th place mediocrity probably just made people way to bored to care about coming on here anymore.

About Social media...maybe it's time to recreate that old AWIMB GROUP on Facebook?

Also...the Arsenal on Reddit gets insane traffic so they're clearly doing something right.

One thing that might help is maybe a fornightly video / podcast with some of the regulars...maybe do a link up on Arsenal Fan tv...lets get modd and DT in the same room together

I think that's another problem...Arsenal fan TVs...fans chat about Arsenal on there in the YouTube comments and the banter can get quite insane.

Just some thoughts from my side...generally it's a case of us losing members and not replacing them....
    Well said, T. The only people prepared to make any kind of case for anything these days is the WOB. AKBs have slowly but surely given up.

Any new posters finding this place and expecting to find fireworks going on because of, say, last night's game are bound to be confused
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Attention Gaffer +

Have you seen the state of the main page? I logged on here on a different computer and you can't even click to log in as it's covered in ads. It had a full screen video of a dominos pizza advert. and then littered with click bait ads.
    not an attractive place to sign up to! If I had stumbled across this site I'd leave immediately let alone sign up.

Not everyone has *******. I've never used ******* in my life until this forum became pin the ad on the donkey.

The fact you sensor Ad block is quite funny too

I agree...the sites pretty unusable if you're on an iPAD...

I was looking at Awimb on my phone.

It even stops any music of podcasts you are listening to!

I wonder how the other message board are getting on like BayernMuchenWIMB, RealWIMB and my personal favourite PottersWimb...they weren't so bad. I think they fact they could actually use the internet and type sentences separated them from your average Orc.

Are we still part of the footy-mad network?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    You already posted that mo on another thread you spammer.
    hahahaha

Completely in agreement with you devongunner. Well stated.

I've just happened on this thread after five years of swearing off AWIMB. I appreciate the opportunity to comment. I was a regular poster before, but the reason I left was the racial abuse evident especially during the 2012 World Cup. Whenever an Asian referee or a high-profile Asian player was in the news, I dreaded coming onto the forums, because I knew there would be reprehensible postings all over the place. "He's got slitty eyes, no wonder he couldn't see the play," being just one of the comments. It's normal to see such childishness on any board, but there were several comments of a similar nature coming from your *moderator* at the time (hint: Kansas City), who has since feigned innocence like the coward he is. I said, "No thank you" and scarpered off. If you look at the recent furor during the baseball World Series, you'll see that such language has no place in the sporting world any more. Good riddance. Sorry, Chris+, as I know you are not responsible and can't control everything that goes on here. I hope the board returns to its former glory, and wish you the best.