Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: A bit of a poll / open discussion...

It does take a bit more effort to see what's going on, but that's mostly a user-base issue than the format itself. Most other forums with this sort of layout have only one thread per topic - so a match thread, a transfers thread, a food thread, a random guff thread etc and all posters keep to that so you know where to post and where to respond if they're interested. That's not how this board evolved under the old format though, and I think half the reason why it's struggling a tad - the format doesn't fit with the way most people here want to post. Not really to do with personalities etc imo - that hasn't changed much as far as I can see.

The smugness along with the snide remarks of long term posters needs to change a bit. New members want to express their opinion and be answered with a little respect, instead of being derided by members. A thought out comment in return instead of a snide, half clever rebuttal would be good. Embrace the new posters. They want to feel appreciated.

Is there an app for this forum, coz frankly that's the primary issue. We've all moved off of the desktop and onto our phones, and social media changed stride to mobile to keep pace.

I don't know if this will fall on deaf ears now there is some more activity BUT in my view there has to be zero tolerance of spam. I am fed up of reading posts about kitchens, if there are mods here why don't they delete them? If there are no mods why don't you appoint some?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I don't know if this will fall on deaf ears now there is some more activity BUT in my view there has to be zero tolerance of spam. I am fed up of reading posts about kitchens, if there are mods here why don't they delete them? If there are no mods why don't you appoint some?
    We do delete them when we can, but we're not always here. Also, they can't easily be deleted when they appear on - for instance - the PPPL board.

I didn't know that. Why can't the PPPL board ones be deleted? Seems kind of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I didn't know that. Why can't the PPPL board ones be deleted? Seems kind of stupid.
    No idea. It may simply be that I don't know how, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No idea. It may simply be that I don't know how, of course.
    Looks to me like we only have permissions to moderate the main board. Presumably only admin can mod the PPPPPPPPL/Q&A etc.
    Headgear Out!
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Looks to me like we only have permissions to moderate the main board. Presumably only admin can mod the PPPPPPPPL/Q&A etc.
    Headgear Out!
    I suppose the idea is that we might **** with the outcome of the PPPL - although why we'd bother I don't know.

This thread is dead

Time to unstickify imo

Oh and kill the mobile interface it's absolute bollox. I could only make sense of and navigate the board when switched to full site which will work on any modern mobile anyway so mobile won is pointless. Imo.