Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: A bit of a poll / open discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Not sure if this is really the pertinent point to respond to.

I'm not convinced the quality of discussion warrants making an effort. From my limited experience over two periods, debate has a lot of macho posturing and there is little conceding of points. Most importantly it almost always drifts off into something completely unrelated (usually food, yawn) in next to no time.
    I concede that you make an excellent point there, AFC East. We need more posters of your quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I concede that you make an excellent point there, AFC East. We need more posters of your quality.
    Thanks, but if I did stay around I suspect Nietzsche would be the best guide to the outcome.

I found the moderators and regular posters far too cliquey. There is little room for an individuals views if it doesnt meet that of the moderators and the Sir C, Berni and Jorge clique. The abuse is unreasonable and the banning by so called moderators is very one sided. You need to sort that out as it is the reason many left while the previous board existed and why many left once it became new. A football opinion is often lost in the race to prove how clever some are in their obscure posting and in jokes. Its not at all friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    With all due respect if Burney is given the power to moderate threads according to his intransigent ideas on what a conversation should be ie whatever he is interested in discussing irrelevant of what anyone else wants to talk about - you may as well close the board now.

Just look at the sniping and sidetracking on this thread. It's his way or no way.
    hear hear hear hear 9 please get rid of the ten character minimum

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Forgive the intrusion, but I find it very hard to believe that j flounced as a result of b giving him both barrels; j has been involved in many, many robust exchanges over the years (haven't we all?) and shrugged them off. I have a sneaking suspicion that he had simply grown tired of casting the radical leftist seed hither and yon only to look in vague for the growth of any seedlings.
    So is there no PM any more? Can we not ask him politely to come back?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yesterday a chap posted 'Is it worth me participating or is it a closed shop?' and I wondered whether we do appear cliquey to lurkers. We have mainly known each other for donkey's years, after all. But then I thought, nah, it's always been like that.

Maybe people just don't dive in like they used to? Perhaps they need an invitation?
    Meh, I just got bored with the page jumping around and fecking adverts obscuring everything. Also had a bit of jip getting on relaunch so did one. Yes it was a bit cliquey but I used to butt in anyway.

Hmm reading today's threads some of the language here goes beyond edgy non-PC chatter into the pretty ****ing unwelcoming.

Chris Look at how Burney and Sir C have infected the Jorge-sighting-on-the-Guardian-transfer-deadline-day-over-by-over! thread with private message conversation to see how AWIMB has gone to shyt

Really dislike the new format, just not as user friendly as before

SM has spoiled us somewhat and the old format does take some getting used to again.
    Maybe push the FB merchants to comment more here and to join or else

I think it is also early in the season so hopefully hings will pick up in time.