Quote Originally Posted by TobysOats View Post
I've just happened on this thread after five years of swearing off AWIMB. I appreciate the opportunity to comment. I was a regular poster before, but the reason I left was the racial abuse evident especially during the 2012 World Cup. Whenever an Asian referee or a high-profile Asian player was in the news, I dreaded coming onto the forums, because I knew there would be reprehensible postings all over the place. "He's got slitty eyes, no wonder he couldn't see the play," being just one of the comments. It's normal to see such childishness on any board, but there were several comments of a similar nature coming from your *moderator* at the time (hint: Kansas City), who has since feigned innocence like the coward he is. I said, "No thank you" and scarpered off. If you look at the recent furor during the baseball World Series, you'll see that such language has no place in the sporting world any more. Good riddance. Sorry, Chris+, as I know you are not responsible and can't control everything that goes on here. I hope the board returns to its former glory, and wish you the best.
Are you sure?