Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
I know what you mean completely but AWIMB doesn't have the numbers (for one reason or another) to sustain threads going off on a tangent anymore and it is putting off new members joining. Take a look at any other forum on any topic on the internet and the successful ones are well modded. If Chris wants to increase numbers and make it self sustaining, that is the only way to go. If Berni and Sir C want to discuss what they had for dinner with a few others hanging on, set up a Whatsapp group.

And yes Treeview did mean you could ignore the hijacks unless they seemed interesting. But again, take a look out there, no forums use that style anymore.
I don't know how you can be so sure that threadjacking "is putting off new members joining". Is there any real evidence for this? (and please don't create a character to come on and pretend to be evidence).

Also, what's Whatsapp? I've heard of it - one of those ghastly gimmicks that the kids are using on their portable telephones, I gather. But how does it differ from the rest of the ocean of awful that is social media?