Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watching a thing about romcoms the other day, it occurred to me how few I'd seen

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You ate those things actually in the auditorium?

Do you know nothing of the code?

No, my apologies.

Just the cinema snacks in the cinema and then the proper food in the food court.

Tallaght Cinema allows you to take McDonalds in, but then it’s in the Square which is not a place you really go to unless there is no alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    No, my apologies.

Just the cinema snacks in the cinema and then the proper food in the food court.

Tallaght Cinema allows you to take McDonalds in, but then it’s in the Square which is not a place you really go to unless there is no alternatives.
    Fair enough, then. I'll let you off.

I watched an Irish film the other day. Sing Street it was called. Quite fun, actually. Lots of shots of Dalkey, which brought back childhood memories.

I haven't seen:

Pretty Woman
    Sleepless in Seattle
    When Harry Met Sally
    Love Actually
    Notting Hill
    Muriel’s Wedding
    My Best Friend's Wedding
    My Big Fat Greek Wedding
    Anything to do with Bridget Jones

All of which begs the question why I'd be watching something about Romcoms, but there you go.

This led me to thinking about famous films I haven't seen. I also haven't seen Ghost or Dirty Dancing, for instance, which apparently makes me weird.

What famous films haven't you seen, AWIMB?
    Star Wars any of them.
    Godfather
    The Shawshank Redemption
    E.T
    silence of the lambs
    Lord of the rings any of them
    Harry Potter any of them
    Gladiator
    Saving Private Ryan
    Braveheart

Any of those old movies like Casablanca or singing in the rain I consider all that ****e extremely boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Star Wars any of them.
    Godfather
    The Shawshank Redemption
    E.T
    silence of the lambs
    Lord of the rings any of them
    Harry Potter any of them
    Gladiator
    Saving Private Ryan
    Braveheart

Any of those old movies like Casablanca or singing in the rain I consider all that ****e extremely boring.
    So anything in black and white is out, basically? Blimey, f, that's pretty philistine.

So anything in black and white is out, basically? Blimey, f, that's pretty philistine.
    Nah anything with transatlantic accents, men slapping women and people standing around talking or standing next to telephones bores me to death.

I watched an Irish film the other day. Sing Street it was called. Quite fun, actually. Lots of shots of Dalkey, which brought back childhood memories.
    The sound track is supposed to be excellent, which some will read as The Jam are on it. Which is both accurate and fair enough.

Very well received over here as you may expect.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The sound track is supposed to be excellent, which some will read as The Jam are on it. Which is both accurate and fair enough.

Very well received over here as you may expect.
    The songs are actually far too good for a school band. I was in a band at school. Absolutely everything we sang was shīte. We had one song that was actually alright, but then the bloke who'd written it told us it was about wànking and we went right off it.
    Last edited by Burney; 08-22-2016 at 02:11 PM.

Saw thon.I enjoyed it but it's no Commitments

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Saw thon.I enjoyed it but it's no Commitments
    No. Although it had the bird from The Commitments in it as his ma.

No. Although it had the bird from The Commitments in it as his ma.
    I first thought "she hasn't aged well" then I remembered it was 25 years ago