Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Why is he letting Campbell go out on loan? I bet Serge gets a long term injury now.

Why is he letting Campbell go out on loan? I bet Serge gets a long term injury now.

We don't have enough goalscorers, so we let go a player who can score and make goals and would be a useful option from the bench.

Iwobi's out for a while, Welbz most of the season, Sanchez looks knackered, Feo's useless - I bet Joel would have passed to Olly yesterday.

Since Xmas we've bought two MFs who don't score goals and don't really seem to be any upgrade on what we had.

Were Xhaka earmarked for the DM role then fine - have him with Santi and Ozzy ahead of him. But playing him between Coq and Ozzy instead of Santi? Insane.

He's gone mad. We threw away points on the opening day because we couldn't be arsed to sort out a defender even though Per got injured ages ago. We didn't look like scoring yesterday, and yet we've needed a striker for ages, long before Welbz was injured, yet we've not signed anyone. And now we let Campbell - who I like - go.

He's ruined the team. When Clough got Forest relegated their best players left and they never recovered. AW will get us relegated from the top 4, Ozil and Alexis will leave. {Maybe Santi, and we won't find anyone of his ability wanting to come and join us again.} Upper-mid table obscurity awaits.

If our owner gave a **** about the team {as opposed to seeing sports as simply entertainment to make huge profits from} then he'd have forced AW to buy or would have sacked him. Instead it's just another money tree like his rounders and ice hockey teams or whatever it is he owns. Isn't he moving a team hundreds of miles away from its fans just to make more money? What sort of country allows that?

In the past, when we've done badly, the board has spent big to get us back up there. cf the last time St Totteringham didn't appear - we smashed our transfer record on Bergy and Platt. That won't happen this time.

Only relegation would wake the Septic up. Cos while he's getting this TV money, he doesn't care about winning the League. The CL doesn't matter that much any more. Look how big non-CL EPL clubs can spend.

As long as he gets the tv cash he won't care. I think I'd rather be relegated than just live in permanent mid-table obscurity. Not only would it piss off the Septic, but tickets would be cheaper and we'd have a good chance of winning some games. Septics shouldn't be allowed to own football clubs where the majority of their players use their feet not their hands.

Look at the Scousers. The one thing that gave the denizens of that benighted city some self respect was their football team. They were one of the world's truly great clubs. Yet they get bought by a couple of yanks who don't understand the game and they have never recovered. This is the future that awaits us.

Lol. And now that Jap striker we signed has been denied a work permit.

I think Joel could have done ok this season. I bet we end up with loads of injuries and have to play Gibbs or someone on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Lol. And now that Jap striker we signed has been denied a work permit.

I think Joel could have done ok this season. I bet we end up with loads of injuries and have to play Gibbs or someone on the wing.
    He's a bureaucrat gone rogue. The worst sort of villain, whether that be in the present or in history. Isn't that what Hitler was? Hitler, Mussolini, Wenger. We live in a dark time. Campbell was great: great control, lot of pop and quickness, good decision-maker. Wenger is pursuing some mad scheme and we, the fools and cowards, do not stand up and say, "No. No, Wenger. Fvck off you French quisling turd f*ggit."

Maybe Joel had a bit of character and leadership in him that Wenger felt threatened his tyranny.