Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Anybody got any guitars around the house they might not want? Maybe Grandad left

Anybody got any guitars around the house they might not want? Maybe Grandad left

one in the loft or under his bed in the late 50's

If it's in old case and has Gibson written on it it's probably not worth anything.
    Don't even waste petrol taking it to the dump.

I will take it off your hands.

I have an old '78 Precision with a warped neck. Can you fix it for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I have an old '78 Precision with a warped neck. Can you fix it for me?
    hmm maybe I could become a luthier. It will need a neck press.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    hmm maybe I could become a luthier. It will need a neck press.
    I had not known what a luthier was before today. Thank-you for introducing this word to my vocabulary. UNfortunately I will probably forget it.

I had not known what a luthier was before today. Thank-you for introducing this word to my vocabulary. UNfortunately I will probably forget it.
    you'll be thinking one day what was that bloody word Fash said. It wasn't guitar tech.

you'll be thinking one day what was that bloody word Fash said. It wasn't guitar tech.
    On the same day I learned the word luthier, Martin Luther was mentioned. Maybe I'll remember it that way.

On the same day I learned the word luthier, Martin Luther was mentioned. Maybe I'll remember it that way.
    I went to the Hallgrímskirkja in Reykjavik. (well there's not much else to do)
    Pwoper Lex Lutheran style.

I went to the Hallgrímskirkja in Reykjavik. (well there's not much else to do)
    Pwoper Lex Lutheran style.
    A striking bit or architecture.

Presumably the root of Luthier is this thing:

A striking bit or architecture.

Presumably the root of Luthier is this thing:

exactly.

I know I am a bore with the guitar stuff. I just have this urge to have a small collection of guitars. I love my les paul. I would like to own a nice telecaster or strat one day. I am putting some money aside each month (little) and will one day buy a 50's Les Paul Junior which are affordable compared to some models.

I will be starting my youtube channel soon. why I am explaining this I don't know

i have one guitar two no gibson