Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lewandowski and Griezmann?

Lewandowski and Griezmann?

In...our...dreams

To be fair I think it's "or" rather than "and".

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post
    In...our...dreams

It is not a little bit weird that people are ruling out the possibility of us signing a pwoper superstar, given that we've signed one in two of the last three summers transfer windows - one of which was after the season had already begun?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    It is not a little bit weird that people are ruling out the possibility of us signing a pwoper superstar, given that we've signed one in two of the last three summers transfer windows - one of which was after the season had already begun?
    Hardly weird. It happens every year. It's a ritual whereby the knicker-wetters can gear themselves up for a season of whining petulance.

No because the context is different.

Ozil: RM were after Bale and desperately in need of extra cash, hence someone needed to leave.
    Sanchez: Never fully settled at Barcelona and club were after Suarez.

Whereas Lewandowski just wants a **** off new deal and Griezmann has been in two CL finals in the last few years joining a team that had just won the league.

Unless you're thinking of any other "pwoper superstars" of course.

Personally I believe we will make a signing like this. Or we are at least trying to. It's gonna go to the end of the window if it happens.

Then Gary Lineker can shut up about Pogba.

The reason I don't believe we'll sign either of these is because it will take a very high fee for AM or BM to even consider selling them.

Something like £70 million plus because they know we're getting desperate to sign someone and both clubs will hold us to ransom. Besides, I'm not sure Wenger would be comfortable with spending that amount of money.

I think Lewadowski would be a fantastic signing, you can only hope Wenger will pull a rabbit out the hat and make me eat my words!

Don't be a ****ing cretin simply for the sake of being a cretin.

Ozil and Sanchez for all their ability were effectively cast-offs from the Spanish clubs. Lewandowski and Griezemann are likely to not be so, unless there is something very dramatic occurs in the next two weeks at those clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Don't be a ****ing cretin simply for the sake of being a cretin.

Ozil and Sanchez for all their ability were effectively cast-offs from the Spanish clubs. Lewandowski and Griezemann are likely to not be so, unless there is something very dramatic occurs in the next two weeks at those clubs.
    Or we make a signing like this. then off load Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Or we make a signing like this. then off load Sanchez.
    Totally different scenarios and big nose is fully aware of this, he is simply being an obtuse ****er.

Can we sign big players, of course we can as proven by Ozil and Sanchez, both big players on a global stage. However both were being sold by their clubs, in both cases we were in a perfect position to take advantage of the situation. We had no competition for Ozil and we fended off Liverpool for Sanchez.

In both case of players named today neither are for sale, so we would be going in with an enormous offer to tempt the selling clubs, something which I personally don’t see us as being the type of club. Then you have the issue of the selling club looking to maximise their sale revenue and other clubs entering what would become an auction. If there was even the slightest hint of either player being available then every one of the really big clubs in Europe would be on the case.