Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Ashley Williams to Everton.....is he really not better than Gabriel or Holding?

Ashley Williams to Everton.....is he really not better than Gabriel or Holding?

Why does Wenger so often miss out on exactly the type of player we need: a commanding leader who would be a natural captain. And one who would not cost a fortune. At 31 he would be ideal for the next 3 years.
    Last edited by Yesterday Once More; 08-09-2016 at 06:59 PM.

Cannot disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    Why does Wenger so often miss out on exactly the type of player we need: a commanding leader who would be a natural captain. And one who would not cost a fortune. At 31 he would be ideal for the next 3 years.
    Not really

Is the burgeoning love affair for Williams based on the Euros or a long standing admiration for him as a player?

If you entered “PL based defenders who did well at the Euros and could be used as a stop gap for our injury woes and may not cost the earth” into a search engine then I expect Jose Fonte would come up.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Is the burgeoning love affair for Williams based on the Euros or a long standing admiration for him as a player?

If you entered “PL based defenders who did well at the Euros and could be used as a stop gap for our injury woes and may not cost the earth” into a search engine then I expect Jose Fonte would come up.
    Fonte over Williams definitely

Williams is worth a goal a game to a half decent team. Limited would be a kind way of describing him

Stones Perfect for our style

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post

Williams is worth a goal a game to a half decent team. Limited would be a kind way of describing him
    Thoughts on Mustafi, LA?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post

Blimey that's harsh. He has captained a modest club side and a modest international team, both of whom were especially good defensively. If he is limited and worth a goal a game to the opposition, what is Gabriel worth?

Blimey that's harsh. He has captained a modest club side and a modest international team, both of whom were especially good defensively. If he is limited and worth a goal a game to the opposition, what is Gabriel worth?
    A far superior central defender who needs a run of games. Watch his brilliant marshalling of the enormously priced Lukaku at home to Everton last year (and away - but I would give you that Everton as a whole never turned up to the latter). Yes - I was harsh on Williams but if you were honest and judged him by the standards you judge our players, I doubt you could make a serious argument for him really being better