Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Arsenal is at an inflection point

Arsenal is at an inflection point

We (I say this as if "we" have any say, so when I say "we" read Stan Kroenke, but I like saying "we" because I like to pretend I am important and that you fine folk are important too) but We, are on the cusp of Big Club/Second Tier Club. Gazidis just said we were 2nd Tier, that's bad. Looking at predictions for the year ahead, there have been several articles on top teams that didn't even mention us, but did mention Chelsea, ManU and Spurs. (And we came in 2nd ffs!)

Articles are meaningless, except when they define a club through sheer weight, and then competitive players might take enough notice to only get that surface narrative. "A weak brand" to speak Gazidis' parlance.
    But even more importantly, this summer will be when we reassure Ozil and Alexis. If we don't then we lose them and then no way can we replace them with equal quality.
    So of all the years, given everything, this is the year to splurge that warchest all over the chest of that world class striker. Who? 75 million or heck 90 million should get Aubamayeng. Is he worth that much, who knows? Is he worth 50-60 today? Certainly. Is is worth 25 million to resign Ozil and Alexis? Heck yeah.
    This isn't "spendsomefahkinmoney" this is "actions speak louder than words." and it's not Wenger Out! because Wenger carries the water silently for Kroenke (he admitted he had to sell 20 million per year only after it was all done)
    This is the year we decide if we're in it to win it or in it to make more money for Stan.
    We'll have to wait and see.

Yes.

Ivan's attempt to manage expectations may discourage players from joining, or even staying.