Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day 3 off the fags. When will I start feeling somewhat normal again?

Day 3 off the fags. When will I start feeling somewhat normal again?

My head feels like it's in a cloud and a bit dizzy.

I feel constantly hungry and highly volatile and very tired.

Apart from that it's great.

Would be nice if I could stay in bed for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    My head feels like it's in a cloud and a bit dizzy.

I feel constantly hungry and highly volatile and very tired.

Apart from that it's great.

Would be nice if I could stay in bed for a week.
    The worst should be passing any time now. It takes a couple of days for the nicotine addiction to go. After that, it's just the habit side of things you have to break - which I would argue is the tricky bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The worst should be passing any time now. It takes a couple of days for the nicotine addiction to go. After that, it's just the habit side of things you have to break - which I would argue is the tricky bit.
    It's automatic. I found whilst walking out of the station this morning I was reaching for my lighter (Not with me) as I always had one when I go out the station.

Today is difficult as I am at work and most of my day has a cigarette based around it.

It's automatic. I found whilst walking out of the station this morning I was reaching for my lighter (Not with me) as I always had one when I go out the station.

Today is difficult as I am at work and most of my day has a cigarette based around it.
    Not smoking during the day is easy, I find. No desire at all to have one at work, unless some stressful ****housery happens. Then I go home and smoke three in a row. I suspect that much of my smoking is habit rather than nicotine. When I gave up for three months I piled into jam sandwiches because of the hunger thing. Not good. Should have nibbled carrots instead really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Not smoking during the day is easy, I find. No desire at all to have one at work, unless some stressful ****housery happens. Then I go home and smoke three in a row. I suspect that much of my smoking is habit rather than nicotine. When I gave up for three months I piled into jam sandwiches because of the hunger thing. Not good. Should have nibbled carrots instead really.
    I am not sure why but I would smoke additional cigarettes when it's not needed.

for example maybe I am on lunch. I'd smoke a cigarette but then I see I have 15 mins left I would have another.

I am not sure why but I would smoke additional cigarettes when it's not needed.

for example maybe I am on lunch. I'd smoke a cigarette but then I see I have 15 mins left I would have another.
    Yes, only smoking when it is actually enjoyable to do so could make a drastic cut-down.

Yes, only smoking when it is actually enjoyable to do so could make a drastic cut-down.
    Funny thing is, I would fall off the wagon now and again and ponce the odd fag when pissed and whatnot, but would be fine as long as I didn't actually have any cigarettes on me the next day.

That desire seems to have gone now. I don't even feel a pang for them anymore. Indeed, if I'm completely honest, I now find the idea of smoking one pretty disgusting. Not in that awful smug puritanical ****er way about other people smoking, but simply in the sense that I would now no more smoke a cigarette than I'd deliberately step in dog****. Basically, I think I've finally outgrown smoking completely.

Funny thing is, I would fall off the wagon now and again and ponce the odd fag when pissed and whatnot, but would be fine as long as I didn't actually have any cigarettes on me the next day.

That desire seems to have gone now. I don't even feel a pang for them anymore. Indeed, if I'm completely honest, I now find the idea of smoking one pretty disgusting. Not in that awful smug puritanical ****er way about other people smoking, but simply in the sense that I would now no more smoke a cigarette than I'd deliberately step in dog****. Basically, I think I've finally outgrown smoking completely.
    I must confess to viewing smoking in the morning, as people make their way to work, a bit as I'd view them tucking in to a bottle of spirits, as in "a bit early for that sort of thing, isn't it?".

I must confess to viewing smoking in the morning, as people make their way to work, a bit as I'd view them tucking in to a bottle of spirits, as in "a bit early for that sort of thing, isn't it?".
    Ah the morning was my favourite one

I am having a huge test of patience. I just spilled a hot coffee all over me

Now I have to sit around all day stinking like coffee with wet trousers