Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coqblock getting rave reviews over his centre back performances

Coqblock getting rave reviews over his centre back performances

Jesus Christ....

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Jesus Christ....
    Season hasn't even started and I am pissed off already.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Season hasn't even started and I am pissed off already.
    I think Mr Gazidis has surpassed himself this summer with making utterly stupid and indeed pointless comments in the public domain.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I think Mr Gazidis has surpassed himself this summer with making utterly stupid and indeed pointless comments in the public domain.
    I've never liked him. In fact really I don't think we should even have to hear from him. He doesn't seem to be a football person imo.
    Whereas David Dein I had the feeling he was at least trying to do some dodgy dealing.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He always goes on about how much money other teams can spend and that we can't compete with them. I'm not sure anyone expects us to pay £110m for Pogba, and those clubs don't buy every available player on the market. There's no reason why we shouldn't be buying a centre back and a striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    He always goes on about how much money other teams can spend and that we can't compete with them. I'm not sure anyone expects us to pay £110m for Pogba, and those clubs don't pay every available player on the market. There's no reason why we shouldn't be buying a centre back and a striker.
    This is all set up for Coq to play a few games in that position and play ok and Wenger will be branded a genius,

The window will close and he'll get injured or become ****.

He always goes on about how much money other teams can spend and that we can't compete with them. I'm not sure anyone expects us to pay £110m for Pogba, and those clubs don't buy every available player on the market. There's no reason why we shouldn't be buying a centre back and a striker.
    We've bought a centre back.

The striker issue is another matter. There seems to me to be a shortage of top strikers in Europe at the moment; perhaps we will find one by the start of the season, perhaps we won't. Either way, there seems to be little point on blowing the transfer budget on someone no better than, or worse than, our current options.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    This is all set up for Coq to play a few games in that position and play ok and Wenger will be branded a genius,

The window will close and he'll get injured or become ****.
    I'm not paying much attention to the Coquelin stuff. I think we only have 2 centre backs on the tour so someone has to fill in. The lack of striker signing is worrying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We've bought a centre back.

The striker issue is another matter. There seems to me to be a shortage of top strikers in Europe at the moment; perhaps we will find one by the start of the season, perhaps we won't. Either way, there seems to be little point on blowing the transfer budget on someone no better than, or worse than, our current options.
    Well the point is that Giroud is our only option, so if it's not someone better we still need a backup. As for the defender, he's one for the future, no? A Wenger project if you like. I'm not sure Arsene is expecting a kid from League 1 football to come in and play straight away.

I'm not paying much attention to the Coquelin stuff. I think we only have 2 centre backs on the tour so someone has to fill in. The lack of striker signing is worrying though.
    Innit. Ospina has been playing outfield as well.

That said, none of us would be surprised to see Coq at the back vs Liverpool.

Nothing surprises me anymore