Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: once again our transfer activity underwhelms

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I don't know why we wouldn't want to go into the beginning of the season with everything in place.
    f. It's a game of football. Calm down. It really, really, really doesn't matter. You said earlier that you don't enjoy it any more; you don't enjoy it any more because you've been sucked into this cretinous fashion for staring at a computer screen with clenched jaw and white knuckles desperately seeking a new transfer or aaaaaaarrrrrrggghhh!

Consider, when you used to enjoy iy, you got on with your life and when you engaged with football, it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I don't know why we wouldn't want to go into the beginning of the season with everything in place.
    we still have a very good side, especially with Xhaka in. An experienced CB required but pretty much anything else is a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    we still have a very good side, especially with Xhaka in. An experienced CB required but pretty much anything else is a bonus
    Right. And if Theo can have his Jamie Vardy-season at last, we'll win plenty.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Our failure to win the league last year was nothing to do with us not signing players. It was everything to do with the players we had failing to perform to the best of their ability. So far, we appear to have signed one very good player and one potentially very good player and I'm less convinced than some of our need for a striker, so I'm happy to wait an see. You seem to want us to pay over the odds for people just because that's what's on the price tag.
    To a point. If we'd had a top goalscorer we would have won the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Our failure to win the league last year was .... everything to do with the players we had failing to perform to the best of their ability. .
    This makes the assumption that they can and have performed consistently better. But when ? Giroud has never been a "big match" player as he misses too many chances. Jack, Theo and Rambo have missed large chunks of seasons for several years. BFG has always been caught out by pace. Ozil has always been and will always be a "luxury" player rather than gritty. Who exactly underperformed last year and when did they perform consistently better over a whole season ? Yes we could argue that Sanchez wasn't so effective last year but even he ended up being a bit part player at Barca. Clearly no shame in that but perhaps indicative that even he can't maintain top level performances often enough.