Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I put on the wrong playlist when I went running this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Why don’t you fly. Charlie Victor Bravo etc.
    I used to do that back in the day when I had my sooper-dooper fast aeroplane. Now I share one and the other blokes might be offended if I take it away for 3 weeks in the middle of summer. And the poor thing only does 140 mph. It would take ****ing ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hmmm. Are you going to artificially stimulate yourself to stay awake? You probably ought to.
    Nah. I've done more overnight drives than I've had diners chaud. And it's not even a long one, really. 1,000 km, I reckon.

Knock it out before breakfast imo. Then sit in a dazed condition for 12 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Nah. I've done more overnight drives than I've had diners chaud. And it's not even a long one, really. 1,000 km, I reckon.

Knock it out before breakfast imo. Then sit in a dazed condition for 12 hours.
    Yes, but...how can I put this? You're no longer in the first flush of youth, old chum. The ability to stay awake all night is something one has as a young shaver, but as we get older our need for shut-eye becomes rather more acute.

Yes, but...how can I put this? You're no longer in the first flush of youth, old chum. The ability to stay awake all night is something one has as a young shaver, but as we get older our need for shut-eye becomes rather more acute.
    Driving, innit. It's a natural function to me, like breathing. I'm like James Taylor in Two Lane Blacktop, me.

Driving, innit. It's a natural function to me, like breathing. I'm like James Taylor in Two Lane Blacktop, me.
    Yes, but sleeping is also a natural function...oh, bugger it. I'm not going to convince you to do the sensible thing and load yourself full of drugs before undertaking such a long journey no matter what I say, am I?

Talking of which, I watched Vanishing Point for the first time the other day. Now that's a ****ing odd movie.

Yes, but sleeping is also a natural function...oh, bugger it. I'm not going to convince you to do the sensible thing and load yourself full of drugs before undertaking such a long journey no matter what I say, am I?

Talking of which, I watched Vanishing Point for the first time the other day. Now that's a ****ing odd movie.
    I haven't seen that for years. I remember it being less good than it promised.

I haven't seen that for years. I remember it being less good than it promised.
    Oh, yes. It wasn't good, but it was sort of fascinating. Very much of its time. Speed freak tries to drive across much of the United States after a bet with his dealer and encounters various hippies and rednecks. Weirdly nihilistic and had Petrocelli and the Sheriff out of Blazing Saddles as a blind DJ. **** knows what the point of it was.