Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Hangover cures are a multi-million Pound industry, yet nobody has really managed to

Hangover cures are a multi-million Pound industry, yet nobody has really managed to

find a working solution. However, I have just discovered that the cure has been with us for centuries. Coffee!

After spending an evening in the pub with some colleagues last night, I was feeling a little lethargic and irritable. But after just one large cup of coffee, I feel significantly better.

Wd coffee imo.

For me it's a tin of Heinz baked beans, they kick-start my appetite and make me feel better every time

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    find a working solution. However, I have just discovered that the cure has been with us for centuries. Coffee!

After spending an evening in the pub with some colleagues last night, I was feeling a little lethargic and irritable. But after just one large cup of coffee, I feel significantly better.

Wd coffee imo.
    Sounds to me like you didn't have a hangover. If coffee can dent it, it's not a hangover. Coffee is just one of the many weapons in the anti-hangover arsenal, along with Alka-Seltzer, food, more coffee, going back to bed, having another drink to take the edge off and just sitting it out.

Ultimately, the truth is that there is no cure for a hangover other than time.

Wd coffee imo.
    Alka-Seltzer and back to bed.

The only other option is, in the even that you have to fly, a good bang on the oxygen bottle. That will clear your head for an hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Alka-Seltzer and back to bed.

The only other option is, in the even that you have to fly, a good bang on the oxygen bottle. That will clear your head for an hour or so.
    I've heard tell that a saline drip can do wonders. Not hugely practical in a working environment, of course. Bit of a dead giveaway.

Wd coffee imo.
    Years ago I bought these RU21 tablets that are supposed to be a cure.

I tried them out one night and didn't have a hangover the next day. the downside was they were quite large tablets and you were supposed to take 2 before you start and then another one after every 2 drinks I think.

not a good look in the pub when you are popping giant tablets every 2 drinks.

Berni is absolutely right imo. Nothing really touches my hangovers other than time. Paracetamol etc make that time more bearable, but these days it's a good 3-4 days before I feel well again. By which time I've got bored and fancied a drink and the clock resets.

Wd coffee imo.
    You parade yourself as a man of medical science and yet you come out with utter rubbish such as this.

Coffee is no more a cure for a hangover than a swift rabbit punch to the kidney area. It is merely a caffeine boost which momentarily reduces your desire for slumber, ultimately it will wear off and you will again feel awful, perhaps worse than before.

Food, water, rest. More self-control the evening before. Even more drink.

All will help one recover, none will cure.

Time is your only friend.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    More self-control the evening before.
    erm, yer right!
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”