Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So the glow is insisting, because of our medium term plan to retire to Frane,

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I applying for a Uk passport should I need to come back here. Though I am entitled too I'd rather have the document to save problems.

My other options are becoming Italian.
    If you had UK, Canadian and Italian you'd be covered all sides up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If you had UK, Canadian and Italian you'd be covered all sides up.
    There is one issue. If we go to canada. and then decide to go back to the UK
    She might not be able too (well she could as I am british) but it seems complicated.
    So we have to look into this now. she's been here 10 years seems a bit pricey to become a British citizen.

We'll have applications all over the place.

As nobody knows what is going to happen it's a bit tricky.

that I investigate obtaining an EU passport 'just in case'. While the idea bothers me on principal, I can see the logic in so doing.

I am, apparently, automatically a Dutch and an Irish national. The procedure for applying for a Dutch passport, sadly, appears to be a bucket-load of nause, whilst the Irishers want nothing more than a completed form and some euros.

I'm going to end up a plastic Paddy
    How do you non-residents get around the issue of having your photo ID endorsed by An Garda Siochana?

Edit: Ah, I see. Carry on.

Naturally I will object to your application.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    How do you non-residents get around the issue of having your photo ID endorsed by An Garda Siochana?
    There's no need to talk foreign at me, sw.

I haven't looked that carefully yet, I've just skimmed the requirements. Basically they say I need a copy of my Ma's birth certificate, a copy of my birth certificate and my current passport (these have to be certified true copies by 'a witness' ) and the dough. As far as I can tell, that's about the extent of it.

I haven't looked that carefully yet, I've just skimmed the requirements. Basically they say I need a copy of my Ma's birth certificate, a copy of my birth certificate and my current passport (these have to be certified true copies by 'a witness' ) and the dough. As far as I can tell, that's about the extent of it.
    I'm quite distressed about all this. I've had actual rows with my family because they've suggested this course of action and I've rejected it on principle. So to find that you're prepared to sell your birthright, betray Her Majesty and kowtow to a hostile foreign power just for the sake of convenience is really quite upsetting.

Might take a while https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-tells-britons

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Are people really such thick ****s that they don't understand that nothing's going to change for at least two years - and even then that such a course of action may not even prove necessary?

Indeed. Over here we have no choice but to have the photographic identity verified by a Garda.

I believe our Passport Office has temporarily asked people to stop applying such has been the deluge. I applied recently on a guaranteed 10 day turnaround basis.

3 weeks

God bless Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Indeed. Over here we have no choice but to have the photographic identity verified by a Garda.

I believe our Passport Office has temporarily asked people to stop applying such has been the deluge. I applied recently on a guaranteed 10 day turnaround basis.

3 weeks

God bless Ireland.
    Yes, I saw that they're a little overwhelmed by demand at the moment. I'm not doing anything yet, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm quite distressed about all this. I've had actual rows with my family because they've suggested this course of action and I've rejected it on principle. So to find that you're prepared to sell your birthright, betray Her Majesty and kowtow to a hostile foreign power just for the sake of convenience is really quite upsetting.
    I see no kowtowing; nor would I, under any circumstances, renounce my citizenship of the UK

I'm like a jew buying a Mercedes Benz; I think of it as reparations.